How to download and install modules from this forum [INFO]

It's easy!

1. Brandon Staggs

Brandon Staggs Administrator Staff Member

Brandon Staggs submitted a new article:

How to download and install modules from this forum - It's easy!

Read more about this...

marty likes this.
  2. Beli Barr

Beli Barr Member

When I download and save a module (that isn't zipped) does it automatically connect to Swordsearcher? I am feeling a little silly at the moment because I can't get it to work and the other review stated how easy it was. I have version 8.2.

3. Brandon Staggs

4. Beli Barr

Beli Barr Member

Thank You for replying. I will delete the files and try again. I had no trouble adding the Audio Bible or The New American Standard version of the Bible. I know I am doing something wrong but I just don't know what. I have read and reread the instructions posted.......

5. Beli Barr

Beli Barr Member

I think my problem is that internet explorer is trying to open these files and I don't know how to change that. I will have to ask my friend who works with computers to check this out for me. Thank you

6. Brandon Staggs

You could try right-clicking the download buttons and doing "save as" or similar.

Johnny NL likes this.
  7. marty

marty Beta Tester

If you save the file in the Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules folder, SwordSearcher will automatically find it when it starts.

To change what program opens a file, in File Explorer, you can right-click on the file where it has been saved, then click on "Open with" from the pop-up list and choose the program you want to use. There may be an option to 'always use this program' that you can check so you don't have to go through that every time.

Johnny NL likes this.
  8. Beli Barr

Beli Barr Member

OK, I figured it out. I won't go into detail about what I did and what I thought I was supposed to do but I got it to work and that is what is important. Thank You

9. Johnny NL

Johnny NL Active Member

May the LORD HIMSELF Bless this Blog..... and ALL the Pros within !!!!

10. Beli Barr

Beli Barr Member

I just want to say "Thank You" to all who have posted modules for us to download! I have everything running smoothly now and I am so enjoying reading everything---but it will take me a while--. Swordsearcher is a wonderful resource for learning more about the Bible and it is so much better than the other software I had downloaded (I uninstalled it by the way). May God Bless all of you!

marty and Brandon Staggs like this.