Image viewer questions

Jerry

Beta Tester
Brandon -

#1) If I change the resolution of a picture I am viewing via the mouse wheel, is there a quick way to get it back to the picture's original size? Obviously I can use the mouse wheel to try, but that is complicated by the fact that there is no indication of what the original size was.

#2) If I right-click on an image and select Copy from the context menu, I can't seemd to paste that image into anything. I've tried Word, MS Paint, and IrfanView. The paste icon is enabled acknowledging that there is something on the clipboard, but nothing happens in Word, and the two graphics programs give errors. What should I be able to paste these into? Or is it possibly a function of the image set I am viewing?

Thanks.

-- Jerry
www.fostertribe.org
"God is dead"-- Nietzsche, 1886
"Nietzsche is dead"-- God, 1901

If I change the resolution of a picture I am viewing via the mouse wheel, is there a quick way to get it back to the picture's original size? Obviously I can use the mouse wheel to try, but that is complicated by the fact that there is no indication of what the original size was.

Any time you select an image in the list, it will show it in original size (unless you have the shrink option set). Just click over there to switch images, if you need to get it back. I'll add something to do this automatically in a future release.

If I right-click on an image and select Copy from the context menu, I can't seemd to paste that image into anything. I've tried Word, MS Paint, and IrfanView. The paste icon is enabled acknowledging that there is something on the clipboard, but nothing happens in Word, and the two graphics programs give errors. What should I be able to paste these into? Or is it possibly a function of the image set I am viewing?

You should be able to paste them into just about anything that supports images. I just tried with IrfanView, and I couldn't duplicate the problem you're reporting. My hunch would be that you've got something interfering with clipboard operations on your system. Do you get this on all images in the SwordSearcher Image Viewer? The images are standard formats, so there shouldn't be any problem copying them.

Brandon Staggs said:
You should be able to paste them into just about anything that supports images. I just tried with IrfanView, and I couldn't duplicate the problem you're reporting. My hunch would be that you've got something interfering with clipboard operations on your system. Do you get this on all images in the SwordSearcher Image Viewer? The images are standard formats, so there shouldn't be any problem copying them.

After some investigation, I found that png files past fine, but jpg files do not. The originals are in png format, while the ones I added, including the images from TOJC, are in jpeg format and do not seem to paste. Not a big deal now that I know what the issue is.

Thanks.

-- Jerry

Back