Indexing Book Mods

6.0 should not be perceptively different than 5.5. User module edits should take a fraction of a second even on large modules.

Maybe I meant "re-indexing?" I timed it and it took about 9 sec. for me to create a new entry. Or could that be an issue with my computer's settings somewhere? Thanks

Each time you save a new or changed entry, indexing is updated only for the words and verses needed. Usually this should be extremely fast. It can take longer of the entry is very large or contains a large number of verse references.

It's possible that an overly... aggressive virus scanner may be slowing down the process.

How large is your module on disk?

Each time you save a new or changed entry, indexing is updated only for the words and verses needed. Usually this should be extremely fast. It can take longer of the entry is very large or contains a large number of verse references.

It's possible that an overly... aggressive virus scanner may be slowing down the process.

How large is your module on disk?

I had trouble finding the mod, but when I export it to my desktop it is 11.4 MB

Also, I'm running Avast 4.8. Ever had any problems with it?

Just so we're on the same page...

When I click this
Untitled4.jpg

and type this

Untitled.jpg

I get about 9 sec of this
reindexing.jpg

I had trouble finding the mod, but when I export it to my desktop it is 11.4 MB

While that is pretty big for a user-editable module, should be a workable size.

Also, I'm running Avast 4.8. Ever had any problems with it?
Nothing specific that I am aware of, but you could try testing it with Avast disabled just to see.

Just so we're on the same page...
Gotcha. I'm just curious: does it take just as long to save an edit of an entry? Or is this just when you add a new entry?

Negative. It's only slow when it comes to adding a new entry.

This information is quite helpful -- it tells me exactly where I need to look. I've got this on the to-do list for investigation -- thanks for your patience reporting this.

I created a module and the first few new entries were instantaneous, but when I got several entered, creating new ones got a little slower. Still pretty fast - about a second, but there's no text in most of the entries - if that makes a difference.

I appreciate the details from everyone. I'll work on improving the speed for adding entries so that it's just as fast as editing entries.

Back