Installation Disk

Discussion in 'Future' started by Steven, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Steven

Steven Member

Brandon, I know on some software install disks disks, they come with a utility that allows one to repair the current install without having to uninstall/reinstall the entire thing thing. Is that possible on the next release? Be a big help. Thanks.

Steve

2. Brandon Staggs

Brandon Staggs Administrator Staff Member

Usually just running the installation again from the disc would be enough. Please let me know the problem you are trying to resolve, and I may be able to offer a more efficient solution than re-installing.

3. Steven

Steven Member

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, lots going on here. I tried that, and it didn't seem to work.

In any case, what happened was that I was using MS Edge (it shouldn't have happened), and picked up a browser hijacker. I finally got rid of it by wiping my temporary file with Bleach Bit, which took about 6 hours. But when I was done, it appeared as if some of the functionality in SS8 was missing. I was finally able to restore The Verse Guide display, but had to play around with it. All in all, it was a bit frustrating. Anyway, thanks. :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017