InstaSword ??

Preacherboy

While reading Web pages or Word documents, I frequently want to see more than just the verse reference. A small program, such as InstaVerse by WORDsearch (I have no affiliation) enables me to touch the mouse pointer on the reference and instantly have the verse popped up in a mini window (about 4"). This works great when I don't want to take the time to open SS. However I believe the multitude of SS users would be delighted to have a similar function provided by SS. Perhaps it could be called InstaSword? :) A nifty option that could be added to the pop-up window is a launch button that would open the whole SS program. If you are not familiar with the concept, simply take a look at the free program called InstaVerse.
~Mark

Wow, PB, that really is a neat program! Something like that would be a wonderful addition to SwordSearcher! I'm especially glad to see that it doesn't interfer with SwordSearcher's popups. Thanks! :smile:

(InstaVerse can be downloaded free here: http://www.instaverse.com/)

Thanks PB for the information and Marty for the url :)

Ruthlyn

I never did find Instaverse very useful, but I suppose that's just how I end up interacting with the Bible when I'm studying on my pc and using the various resources I rely on. Just easier for me to have the Word open all the time. But that's just me. I understand the blessing this program is intended to be, and for those who are blessed by it, Amen for you!

It would be neat if that could be incorporated into SS though. Brandon?

I Will Have To Side With Rev Tim. Instaverse Did Not Serve Any Purpose For Me.
I Do Not Believe It Would Improve Upon Ss. Of Course Every One Is Not The Same. It Is Good To Be Able To Find So Much Bible Resourse On The Net. Thank God Its There For All To Use.

I have been considering creating a similar utility that turns verse references in web pages to hyperlinks with text popups and functions for SwordSearcher. It's still on the drawing board.

I get a devotional email every day and most times they use a translation other than KJV - I really like being able to instantly bring up the KJV with InstaVerse, so I find it very helpful. I also just like the concept. So I'm glad it's under consideration for SwordSearcher! ;)

I get a devotional email every day and most times they use a translation other than KJV - I really like being able to instantly bring up the KJV with InstaVerse, so I find it very helpful. I also just like the concept. So I'm glad it's under consideration for SwordSearcher! ;)

I can see how that might be useful for this purpose.

Have you ever considered getting the ICR devotional by email. They are KJV, and they still have a lot of daily thoughts by Dr. Henry Morris. It's wonderful. I get the printed copy, which is a bit of a better fit for me to take to work.

RevTim
Thanks for the tip on the ICR publications. I just checked them out and subscribed.

I use Instaverse everyday - several times a day. It makes it easily to enter verses into sermon outlines without opening any Bible software. (Of course I always have SS open :-D ) I also use it to add single or multiple verses quickly in my commentaries and college notes for my students. It is a great program. As already stated it also allows quick views of verses when reading something in a document that just has a long list of verses without their text or verses that are listed in a version other than the KJV.

Dr. J

Back