Ipad

Discussion in 'General' started by Jason W. Elder, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jason W. Elder

Jason W. Elder Active Member

Has anybody else seen the advertisements for this?

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

How well do you think swordsearcher would work with this or will it?

I do most of my studying, laying across my bed with a 200 W lightbulb over my head. It's hard to get a laptop or a computer screen situated to where you don't break your neck to look at it. For this reason I usually can only get into studying books, or printouts.

This Ipad thing, really interests me.

2. Brandon Staggs

Brandon Staggs Administrator Staff Member

SwordSearcher won't run on an iPad.

3. Jason W. Elder

Jason W. Elder Active Member

Well, that means I won't be getting one. lol Thanks.

4. Brandon Staggs

I'm not entirely sure what the software requirements are for an iPad, but I do know it is similar to iPhone and runs an Apple operating system and requires software to be designed with a touch interface in mind.

There have been Windows-based tablet devices for a long time, but their adoption has been primarily in very vertical markets with specialized uses. SwordSearcher will actually run on these, although it is not optimized for touch-based use.

There will be Windows-based devices coming out soon that will compete directly with the iPad. If these devices actually catch on, I will certainly look into making a version of SwordSearcher optimized for touch-based interfaces. It will be interesting to see if the iPad makes these kinds of devices more popular -- after all, the iPad is not breaking any new ground. We'll see!

5. RevTim

RevTim Beta Tester

In some of the reviews I read and heard, that was a big slam against it: not reallly living up to the hype; more of a yawn.

6. Brandon Staggs

My impression when I saw it was that it's an over-sized iPhone without the Phone. As I mentioned already, Windows-based tablet PCs have been available for some time. It will be interesting to see if they start to gain popularity.

7. webby

webby Member

i pad app

For those interested, laridian.com has an app "pocket bible" that may help you until swordsearcher has their own in the future. I found this very helpful with the variety of bibles, etc. available for free.