Is there any way I can go to a specific verse from anywhere in sword searcher.?

IamKJVonly

What I want to do is go to a specific verse in a specific commentary from anywhere in sword searcher.?

What I'm thinking of is being able to link a hot key (Like (Alt + A) to a selected commentary and to a selected verse's comments in that commentary. That way I could always go directly to this specific verse from anywhere in sword searcher.

I need this function (or something like it) so I can reach my master index program which I have put in one of my bible commentaries. (I know that I could use a book to do this but it involves too many screen changes and/or too much typing to do it and I lose my train of thought in the process.)

Thanks Dave

PS: I have just figured out a work around that I can live with, (so the need is not there anymore ), but if the hot key link to a verse is possible it would be even better that my work around and would be a nice option to have.

Have you tried using a Bookmark (on the menu) for this? Then you could use the Bookmark hot key or the menu link... :)

Marty's idea is what I would suggest. Set one of the bookmarks to that specific entry you want to have fast access to. The bookmarks each have a hotkey so it should do what you want.

Thanks Marty

I guess it is one of those days where I forgot to engage brain before keyboard; LOL

A Bookmark is exactly what I need. It works Just the way I want it to.

BTW This is the first time I've ever used a bookmark. That's what I love about SwordSearcher. You have anticipated my needs long before I ever knew I would need them.

Thanks again for the quick response.
Dave

That's what I love about SwordSearcher. You have anticipated my needs long before I ever knew I would need them.

Thanks again for the quick response.
Dave

Brandon does that a lot! It's one of the signature hallmarks of the SwordSearcher program :)

Back