J. Vernon Mcgee Audio Commentary

I revised this module to be a book of links instead of having to download everything (4Kb). Clicking the links should take you to the audio and pdf outlines of J. Vernon McGee. The audio can be streamed or downloaded and so can the pdf outlines if desired.

J Vernon McGee Commentaries - By Dr. J. Vernon McGee ? Thru the Bible Radio Network, www.ttb.org. This is a book of links to the 5 year audio Thru-The-Bible Commentary by J. Vernon McGee and also links to his outlines of each book of the Bible.

Thanks once again, Bill! This is great! :)

These links and the module links are all broken.

Thanks, I did download them all and have them in a folder on my hard drive, I am thinking to just edit the module to those files directly. 5 years worth of sermons is a lot of editing.

If you have the study guides from the above site for each book of the Bible, I have a selector module for the pdf's that looks like this. I'll post it as a zip file containing the module and the bookshelf.png image.

You will have to put the pdf files in a folder called JVM-Assets in your user directory. You will also have to put the file, bookshelf.png, into that directory. Make sure your JVM-Assets directory has the same file names that I am using. You may have to rename the files or change the HTML in the module depending on how they download.
upload_2014-6-14_8-8-54.png

Here is what the files are called in my JVM-assets directory:
upload_2014-6-14_8-23-39.png

That's great, I love that idea thank you so much.

I am still trying to figure this coding stuff out. I just edited the existing JVM module link to my file like this:

<div class="bullet2">&nbsp;<a href="C:\Users\Gord\Documents\Bible_Study\J_Vernon_McGee\no1_Guidlines.pdf">Guidelines</a></div>

But rather than launching explorer or the pdf reader, it launches the 'Topic and Verse Guide' looking for the file.

As you can clearly see, I'm not even close to being a geek. :)

Did you edit it in SS using the code editor tab? The line looks OK. Send me the file as an email attachment.

Thanks Bill, all I did was edit the existing file from the edit tabe, that you created to point the first line 'Guidelines' to my file on my hard drive rather then to the broken web links, to see if this worked or how much editing is involved before I tackle a new project.

I like the idea of the bookshelf png and linking them, I did this first to see if in fact I could.. so far... I'm still not a geek YET. ;)

The Editor opens in Design mode unless you've been working in Code mode, so look at the bottom of the Editor and click the Code tab to make sure that you're in the right spot. Then your code should work.

Attachments

• Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 331
I did that Marty, that's how I was able to edit out the web link to my hard drive link.

Try changing the code to look like this: <a href="file:///C:/Users/Gord/Documents/Bible_Study/J_Vernon_McGee/no1_Guidlines.pdf">Guidelines</a></div>
Notice the forward slash instead of the backslash, and the three forward slashes at the beginning.

I would put the pdf file in a folder named "J_Vernon_McGee-Assets" as that's a format that SwordSearcher likes, then your code would be: <a href="file:///C:/Users/Gord/Documents/Bible_Study/J_Vernon_McGee-Assets/no1_Guidlines.pdf">Guidelines</a></div>
And it wouldn't fight with SwordSearcher's inner workings. :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry that I didn't pay enough attention to the line at first - and I didn't test it. I tested the code in my post above and it works as expected. Opened the pdf file right up. Lovely! :)

Thanks, but that does not work either. Backward slash, forward slash, assets or no it plain don't work, easier to open explorer and click what I need. I give up, google html and it tells you forward slash, you tell me back slash I can not argue for either as I no nothing about this period. Thanks for trying to help Im going to delete the module and use explorer.

Did you copy and paste the code from my post? And is the pdf file in the folder that's in the code? What version is your operating system?

Yes I did, it's in the folder named as the link requires, The PDF is in the folder as in the code, windows 8.1.
Did you copy and paste the code from my post? And is the pdf file in the folder that's in the code? What version is your operating system?

Back