Linux Audio in SwordSearcher

ksburgess

I'm curious if anyone has gotten the audio working in their Linux install of SwordSearcher?

I've gotten it working with chapter level audio, but the verse-by-verse audio/scrolling is not working. The little audio widget at the bottom of the screen is also not working for me - it's impossible to pause the audio :p (keyboard audio shortcuts do not work).

Wondering if there's a module I should perhaps install with Winetricks to get it going.

I *am* using the Scourby .mp3 files and have verified the ISBN is correct.

I'm running SwordSearcher with Wine 1.2.2 in Ubuntu 10.04

Here's the terminal output I get when running the audio:

Code:
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x110000 0 0x32f1f0 4
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from apartment threaded to multi-threaded
fixme:quartz:AsyncReader_QueryInterface No interface for {56a868b5-0ad4-11ce-b03a-0020af0ba770}!
fixme:quartz:Parser_QueryInterface No interface for {56a868b5-0ad4-11ce-b03a-0020af0ba770}!
fixme:quartz:TransformFilter_QueryInterface No interface for {56a868b5-0ad4-11ce-b03a-0020af0ba770}!
fixme:quartz:DSoundRender_QueryInterface No interface for {56a868b5-0ad4-11ce-b03a-0020af0ba770}!
fixme:mciqtz:MCIQTZ_mciStatus MCI_STATUS_MODE not implemented yet

I'll continue to try and figure it out, but was curious if anyone else had given it a go!

I don't know if you'll be able to get the audio to work in Linux or not, but if the media controls aren't working, that would indicate poor support in WINE for the integrated Windows media player components/dlls. I know little about WINE but if they have extra support files you can obtain regarding media playback you might want to focus your efforts there.

Thanks for the input Brandon.

I don't think I'm any closer, and I may never get any closer since I don't much understand how Windows works :p to know how to make Wine emulate something.

But I did get some errors to go away by installing these two .dll's via winetricks:

quartz
devenum

Didn't make a difference in actual playback, though. The integrated audio player is still unable to stop/pause and I'm not getting verse-by-verse even though SwordSearcher recognizes that it has the correct mp3's.

It's not a huge deal to me, but my children have a little netbook which I have customized a Linux install for them on. I thought they would really enjoy listening to the Scriptures while the verses scrolled for them to follow along :) It would be the most exciting thing on their computer hah!

I will keep puttering around with it...

I did install Windows Media Player 9 with Winetricks but that does not seem to have made a difference for the integrated audio.

Would anyone be willing to help me download Swordsearcher? I have linux operating system. Please. If so, I won't know how to go about contacting you outside of the forum.

thanks for your help.

Back