Messiah in Both Testaments by Fred John Meldau

Regie

My pastor and I have seen no copyright information on this little book - so I think it is safe to distribute it.

Do any of you know otherwise?

I did the work via Forge and I think it turned out pretty well - for an amateur anyway.

However, I have a question:

I do not have the problem but my pastor does and I have the same problem when I bring the work over into Kindle book format. I do not have the problem on my computer though. When my pastor tries to copy and paste then each line wants to consume a whole page of paper. That's also the way it appears on my Kindle in a lot of instances. Sometimes a whole paragraph will be a page in my Kindle.

The problem may be in that I did not scan the book but got it from the internet as a pdf file which I was able to copy and paste into Microsoft Word. I had a ton of corrections to do to separate words. Evidently there is some kind of paragraph marker that is missing but I cannot figure out just why these one-liners are giving trouble. I basically can get-around somewhat in MS Word but there is so much that I do not know about it.

If anyone here wants to take the work I have done and improve it, and/or get a copy of what I have in MS Word and help me out with this or if Brandon wants to publish this in the next edition of SwordSearcher, please let me know.

After I did all this work, I find that David Cox has made this into a module for "The Word" software program. I've copied and pasted into MS Word his copy also. I feel pretty sure that he won't object at all.

Now, does anyone have any idea at all of who Fred John Meldau is or was?

Thanks,
Regie

It may or may not be in the public domain. Anything published after 1923 is still under copyright unless it was specifically placed in the public domain by its author. It's possible that if it was published without copyright that it may be freely usable, but that is not a certainty (the law does not require a copyright notice be in place -- anything published today that qualifies for copyright is by default copyrighted). It's sometimes very hard to tell.

I do not know anything about the author.

PS: I am not a lawyer, et cetera...

Back