New Book

Got 'em! Thank you, Bill! :)

Hi Bill,

Thank you for these interesting books.

Ruthlyn

Hi, Bill,
I was wondering if you have any plans for making a SwordSearcher module of E. W. Bullinger's FIGURES OF SPEECH USED IN THE BIBLE? I don't know if it's already in electronic form somewhere on the internet, but it was originally published in 1898, so, I guess it should be available for unrestricted use (dates per the title page of the Baker Book House reprint I have, but the author dated his Introduction as November, 1899). I think this book can provide some good insight. The many, many Bible references in it would be SO useful if they were hyperlinks in SS...but formatting it also might be time consuming since they use a format with Roman numerals (e. g. John i. 11 for John 1:11). Anyway, just a thought. I'm impressed with how many modules you've made available for SwordSearcher. THANK YOU.

[quote=wsbones;4158]I could not find an electronic copy of Bullinger's Figures of Speech. I did find an interesting website (http://www.tentmaker.org/bullinger.htm) that categorizes and summarizes it, and I created a user book from it if you want to download it. I has lots of Bible references to illustrate the Figs. [/quote]

Thanks, Bill! Looks like that site's summary is very similar to what is in the appendices to the Companion Bible module you made for SS. The book Figures of Speech Used in the Bible is long ? 1104 pages. I'm not surprised that the whole book has not been converted to text for the web. Non-ultra-dispensationalists and non-dispensationalists might find this Bullinger book useful when studying certain passages.

Bill,
Publically brother--- thank you for all your labor and effort in putting these projects together! Words wouldn?t come close,,,,,,,,
One of the things I love teaching (not that I am theological scholar?mind you) is types in scripture and boy is your ?Numbers, etc.? module a blessing.
I?ve canned just about every other Bible program pretty much I have. Nothing wrong with them mind you???. just the ease, enjoyment, database, etc. in SS meets every need. Of course its support for the Book isn?t a bad reason either. I realize one can chew up the meat and spit out the bones??.., however this program, site and most folk from what I see weed out the clutter.
I purchased a larger (22? wide screen) monitor specifically, on account of SS and it really has enhanced its functions. Realize you can adjust what is seen and unseen--- I just prefer to have it out front.
Thanks Bill, Brandon and gang---- kudos????..
Wes

Speaking as a dispensationalist, I find this work useful too. :)

[quote=wsbones;4158]I could not find an electronic copy of Bullinger's Figures of Speech. I did find an interesting website (http://www.tentmaker.org/bullinger.htm) that categorizes and summarizes it, and I created a user book from it if you want to download it. I has lots of Bible references to illustrate the Figs.

Thanks, Bill! Looks like that site's summary is very similar to what is in the appendices to the Companion Bible module you made for SS. The book Figures of Speech Used in the Bible is long ? 1104 pages. I'm not surprised that the whole book has not been converted to text for the web. Non-ultra-dispensationalists and non-dispensationalists might find this Bullinger book useful when studying certain passages.[/QUOTE]

Back