Other Bible versions

Discussion in 'Bible, Doctrine, and Other Topics' started by Elton, Feb 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Elton

Elton Member

I've purchased the NIV for other Bible study/reader apps. Is it available for SwordSearcher?

2. Brandon Staggs

Brandon Staggs Administrator Staff Member

3. Elton

Elton Member

I Bible study with others who have elected the NIV as the primary source. Living rural with a slow internet provider makes downloading the app for trial out of the question. My bad, I should have read more closely before I purchased the DVD. I’ll suck it up and continue forward with my Olivetree.com Bible study app. It’s a great app I just wanted more resources. I may still find value in SworodSearcher yet.

4. TerriP

TerriP Active Member

I hesitated somewhat in posting the following information in reply to your comments above, but please understand, this is not offered up from me for debate. It's not an opinion, it's the Truth. It is what it is. Please check out this website:

... and read that first column about "The King James Bible and other translations"; at least start there.

I would not have known unless I researched Bible versions myself, when I started some serious Bible study. I mean lots of people don't know the information that is available on that website.. Who would dream that anyone would leave text out of The Bible, just pick and choose which Holy Words you want to listen to or read or believe? God made it crystal clear: He said "do not add to or take away" - or Words to that effect - .so many times. I have a list of those if anyone would like it. This is Holy Scripture we are talking about here!

And as for "...I may still find value in SwordSearcher..." I am kind of in shock at that statement. I don't know how to comment on that.

But please do yourself a favor and check out that website.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Johnny NL likes this.
  5. Brandon Staggs

I hope so. If not, please let me now know within 30 days of your purchase, so I can refund it for you. Just send an email to support@swordsearcher.com

6. 5UKM

5UKM Member

Hi, I have both OliveTree & Sword Searcher on my PC. ( a lot of $s invested in OliveTree) 99% of my study is done using SS, only occasionally turning to Olive Tree to check out Dakes Study Bible Notes, Vines Expository Dictionary, & Amplified Bible .. all of which are KJV based. Sword Searcher to me is way the easiest software to use. But then I am an old man brought up on books & paper/pen studying. 30+ years at sea, joining ships with overweight suitcase of books .. today I could carry my whole library on a laptop !! Sword Searcher, has some of the best study books ever,(old, puritan, deep), & all included in the price. A priceless collection at a give away price. Me -- I'd study via SS. then apply it to NIV.
    Which ever way you go, God bless you.

TerriP likes this.
  7. Johnny NL

Johnny NL Active Member

INDEED!!!!!, This is NOT a personal choice or a "debate"... it is THE TRUTH, INDEED !!!The Bible warnings are clear.

8. Johnny NL

Johnny NL Active Member

Sir, ... once you grab SwordSearcher, and you really get into it, you WILL find out real quick that SWORDSEARCHER will become your BEST toolbox, for reading the Bible, for studying the Bible, for understanding the Bible, basically, SWORDSEARCHER IS the next best thing after KING JAMES BIBLE, which IS the true Word Of God.
    Just go ahead.... give it a good try, you shall be blessed.
    (just be careful, once you really get into it, you may spend few nights up studying and drinking lots of coffee!;) I know I did!)
    SWORDSEARCHER DID change my "Word Of God" life, in a major way.
    And also, all them "modules", are becoming quickly very addictive. (collect them all.):D
    "Sir, be prepare to be AMAZED !"

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    TerriP likes this.
  9. Johnny NL

Johnny NL Active Member

This is a personal comment; I have SWORDSEARCHER since 2010(I think.) and this program made me learn more on many topics, in 6 years, than all my 30 year old Christian life all together. To me,( and surely many others), this SS program, was, is, will ever be a huge Blessing !
    Ya'all be blessed in the Name of Jesus Christ !
    ( I've got to go make another pot of coffee now.....;))

TerriP likes this.
  10. TerriP

TerriP Active Member

LOL

11. Sandy Warner

Sandy Warner Member

I am wondering if the reason why Amplified and NLT is not available is your cost for copyright? If so, there may be a number of us willing to help you finance the purchase of it just to be able have it in SwordSearcher.

I am also wondering the same about a version for our tablets. I am like so many that have Olive Trees computer, laptop and iphone APP and have spent a pile of money, but use my Sword Searcher over 99% of the time. I only turn on Olive Tree when I need Amplified or another version. It always crashes, is slow and cumbersome. In the past I always used PC Study Bible at an enormous price.

I am a full time Christian writer since 1984 and am not sure how many years I have used SwordSearcher. I am totally passionate about the software, I have it open all day long and use it constantly. I keep all my writings and studies, etc in there and the search feature is incredibly awesome for combining both the scriptures and my writing in it. I have literally 1000's of pages in the personal module date base and searching for things is a breeze. I have another very expensive search engine software and SwordSearcher is way better and faster. I couldn't be more thankful for your gift and software. I use it simply all the time.

The reason I am asking about a version for the tablet, is that I am always reluctant to close my computer down at night and go to bed. The biggest reason is closing down Sword searcher. I use my tablet in bed to read and do more study and really, really, really MISS sword searcher. I use Olive Tree and like I said have piles of stuff, but it is a sad second to Sword Searcher.

I have prayed a long time that you would make the stretch to come up with a tablet version and also expand your borders for AMP/ NLT.

12. Brandon Staggs

It's not just cost, it is also terms of licensing. Most of the companies that publish Bible software products have people who spend their time dealing with licensing, royalties, and accounting all required for these things. I don't have that, nor do I want it. If a company wants to make its material available for SwordSearcher users they can do so and there is no cost to them for publishing in SwordSearcher format.

A Windows-based tablet can run SwordSearcher today. You may wish to consider that as an option. In my own case, if I want to bring SwordSearcher to bed with me, I do it on my Surface Book, which is small enough and light enough to make it feasible, and powerful enough to still run SwordSearcher well. But you could use any of the smaller-sized Windows tablets running Windows 10 (or even older ones running Windows 8).

Right now, I am still very passionate about developing the Windows product. Unless I put that on hold, I would not be able to devote the appropriate time to an Android project. It's not that I do not want to do an Android or iPad project, and it's not that I can't -- it's that I do not want to put the development of the Windows project on hold to make those happen. I really do appreciate people who want to see my product on their tablets. Don't misunderstand -- I don't dismiss the idea of making a SwordSearcher "app," but it is a separate project, and I do not want to start more projects without the time and resources to complete them.

Biblestudent likes this.
  13. Sandy Warner

Sandy Warner Member

Thank you Brandon for taking time to give expanded replies. I appreciate that and as you can tell, also appreciate you and your service! Bless you for making such a huge difference in my daily life and ministry. You have no idea how much!

I did not know SS could work on a windows tablet. Wow. Can you recommend a good windows based tablet that would work? I would appreciate that very much.

14. Sandy Warner

Sandy Warner Member

I just looked it up and see Surface Pro is not only a lap top but also a tablet. I think you answered my question, thanks!

Brandon Staggs likes this.
  15. Brandon Staggs

I like my Surface Book a lot, which is a lot like the Surface Pro. Both are great options.

Sandy Warner likes this.