Personal Bible Journal

wsbones

Beta Tester
I created a calendar based Bible journal for my personal use. Feel free to download and make it your own. The first topic is a calendar with each date linked to an entry. Click on the date, go to the entry, and edit your own thoughts for the day. Next year just add to the entry for this year.

Available here: http://wsbones.googlepages.com/Journal.ss5book

I think this will be useful for me and may be a software upgrade that Brandon may want to incorporate into SS at some point.

I started out on this project to create a user book for personal use based on "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers (available at http://www.rbc.org/utmost/index.php). I got to about March, and the idea came that I have thoughts too. :)

For people new to this bulletin board, I have other modules for download at
http://wsbones.googlepages.com/home

Thanks, Bones! You always come up with good stuff! :)

I just realized that I forgot to post the calendar graphic for the first topic. I'll create an installer and repost it soon.

Here's the link to the installer that includes the graphic.
http://wsbones.googlepages.com/InstallJournal.exe

The graphic needs to be at this location on your hard drive or the picture will not be available in topic 000 (or else the html in the 000 topic needs to be edited to point to the correct image location) :

C:/Program Files (x86)/SwordSearcher 5/Images/myimages/cal.gif

It works and is nifty! :D

Thank you very much. You do come up with some neat stuff :), and I got the graphics to work on my H: drive.

Ruthlyn

Thank you brother Bill, got it working, it will be a great help to my bible study.:)

Available here: http://wsbones.googlepages.com/Journal.ss5book

Wonderful! I love it and thank you for it!

I noticed that it has the calendar that comes up (2009). That brought up two questions in my mind -- will the calendar automatically go to 2010 next year (I assume not)? I like it that it shows the calendar with the days of the week (Mon, Tue, etc.) for current use as a journal. However, I was thinking about using it to make a one-year devotional book not linked to a certain year, and possibly in another language.

Could it be modified to make it have 366 days and not be tied to 2009? If I were to use it as noted above, I'd be missing an entry for leap years.

Blessings!

The easiest thing would be to add a new entry "366 29-Feb" and then select it from the drop down menu every 4 years instead of using the calendar. I will put an entry on the current calendar for the 29th of Feb and call it "leap day"

I hesitate to change the calendar every year since each date is image-mapped to the corresponding topic. All the image mapping would have to be redone every year.

To me, the day of the week isn't too important, so the calendar is good for any year. I'd be more inclined to erase the days of the week above each month making it a generic calendar.

I'll make the above changes and let you know when its ready. If you already made some entries, be careful to paste them into notepad so you can reenter them if you install a new module.

I have been using the journal module to do some kind of a study each day. Here is one for today. Is anybody else using it that way - or how do you find it useful? It would be nice if the module opened to the entry for the day automatically. Brandon, is there some tweak for modules that were indexed by day (like this one) where that could be done?

THE SET TIME, THE TIME APPOINTED

Heb 9:27 ...it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Ac 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

When God sets a time it is sure - Ge 17:21;18:14; 21:2; Ex 9:5; Job 7:1; 14:13-14; Ps 81:3; Ps 102:13; Jer 8:7; 46:17-18; Da 8:19; 10:1; 11:27,29,35; Hab 2:3; Ga 4:1-4

Brandon, is there some tweak for modules that were indexed by day (like this one) where that could be done?

No, there isn't anyway way to do this currently.

Bones, I use the Personal Journal to record my Bible study for the day - I record the study passage, then things like who wrote it, what the main theme is, any promises or blessings mentioned, who it was written to or for and why it was written, what I can take from it personally, etc.

I can also record things that are happening in my life, like my mama passing away or a friend having a stroke. Sometimes I just need to write something and let God to take over because there's nothing more I can say about it at the moment.

I use the Journal as a place to just focus on being with our Lord. Thank you for posting this module.

I'm thinking that a full-blown calendar-based journal feature would be a good addition to SwordSearcher.

I'm thinking that a full-blown calendar-based journal feature would be a good addition to SwordSearcher.

So are you thinking of sort of incorporating features from DB+P then?

Back