Poem about Heaven

Discussion in 'Coffee Table' started by buckeyejim, Apr 15, 2014.

1. buckeyejim

buckeyejim Member

I wrote this poem last month at my nieces funeral.
    Ann died of a drug overdose at age 27, she was the mother of 5 children.
    Ann was in and out of church and took her eyes off of Jesus her redeemer, please pray for her family.
    Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    In loving memory of my niece Ann:
    “Heaven will be much more than just a city, very bright and gloriously pretty.
    The Lord God Almighty, and the Lamb's glory, will be heaven's infinite light in it's theme and story.
    No more death, crying or pain, only God's redemption free of all sinful shame.
    Look! The New Jerusalem descending down from heaven above, radiating God's glory and love.
    Her light was like a precious jasper stone, reflecting God's brilliance from his eternal throne.
    Behold, the city and street made of pure gold, the wall of jasper surrounding God's abode.
    Come! Drink freely of the river of life, taste it's pure water which cleanses all strife.
    Smell and taste of the heavenly fruit, so many flavors, delicious to the roots.
    Listen to the joyful music and angelic sounds, reverberating off the posts of heaven and all around.
    Let us all, angels and men alike, bow our heads and worship Almighty God with pure love and delight.
    Jesus we shall see, as we look upon His face, the One who saved us through His marvelous grace”.
    Author: Jim
    Please feel free to share this poem with others…