Print size after creating module with Forge?

Regie

Is there a way to set Forge or SwordSearcher so that a module created with Forge has print bigger than 10 or 12?

On a couple of modules I have recently created with Forge, the print is too small. It is not as big as things that I bring into SS using the Search/Scan F5 method.

Thanks,
Regie

Is there a way to set Forge or SwordSearcher so that a module created with Forge has print bigger than 10 or 12?

On a couple of modules I have recently created with Forge, the print is too small. It is not as big as things that I bring into SS using the Search/Scan F5 method.

Thanks,
Regie

Generally you should not set a font size at all in a module, unless you have a specific need to do so. If you set a font size, it will override the desired font set by the user in their SwordSearcher preferences. My guess (just a guess at this point) is that your input documents in Forge set a font size, or use one of the font size modifiers in HTML. Without seeing what the Forge input file looks like I could not say for sure. I strongly suggest not including font sizes in the input at all, so that the user's font settings in SwordSearcher can be honored.

By the way, you can scrub a user module of font size settings using the Rebuild function of the Advanced User Module Maintenance tool (on the User menu). Be careful to test this after you back up the module only, just in case it removes desirable formatting.

2015-04-14_15-37-37.png

Thanks much for the information Brandon - I appreciate it. I haven't been setting anything to make the font size different from what Forge just makes it. Also, zi think I may have been mistaken about the font size being too small (time for the 75 year old to get his cataract removed - duh.... (wait a minute, let me think that over some more - no, not interested :) ) since I brought a thing or two this morning into the scan for text Alt/F5 option and it did not change the size then. So I guess the way I have done the latest modules via Forge are such that the users private settings will be ok. I will be trying it out soon with a friend.

Again, thanks for your most excellent program and for your appreciated assistance with all your customer and forum friends.

MGB,
Regie

Back