Problem Creating User Module

terrpn

ok...........i would be the first one to admit i need to learn forgeo_O

so after seeing one of bill's latest and greatest i hunted through my stuff and am trying to create another module. i am assuming smaller modules are not that big of a deal, but when you get into creating a "larger size module" (off the USER file) that approaches 150-175 pages there is a serious lag when trying to insert, edit and so forth. i can space in edit, but when i save and close it does not transfer over (not in all cases, but some).

i am not complaining, but just making you aware.......

just going back and trying to edit Bible references so the ss link will work, minor stuff i am guessing because it has a little more size is very tedious.

not seconds, but minutes. i thought maybe it was my computer, so i exited- rebooted and same thing. i know my computer has enough guts (quad 4, 18g ram, etc) so it can't be my system is not up to the task?

Hundreds of pages in a single entry? That is a LOT of text to reformat as you make changes. I would suggest breaking it up. Create an entry for the first chapter, then copy and paste in the first chapter, etc. Pasting in 150 pages into a single entry will definitely bog things down.

Back