quick navigate to end of chapter

Eric

Beta Tester
I wonder if it would be useful to anyone else to have something like this: when you use Alt-G to "Go to Verse", have the ability to put in "end" for the last verse in the chapter and have SS automatically take you to the last verse of the chapter (or just a letter such as "e" [end] would work).

So, you would enter, e.g., "Joh 3.end" or "Joh 3.e" and it would go to the last verse of John chapter 3. I often want to navigate to the last verse in a chapter, but I don't recall exactly how many verses the chapter has. I can easily get to the first verse by not specifying any verse. Right now, I find it quickest to get to the last verse by selecting the next chapter (w/o verse #) and then clicking "Previous chapter" (if " "Previous Chapter Link" at beginning of chapter" is checked in Preferences > Text Display Options). However, that method takes a bit more brain space if you want the last verse of the last chapter of a book. I guess even "Joh e.e" or "Joh end.end" could be used to take one to the last chapter's last verse. Since I prefer keyboard shortcuts, this method would save me one shift to the mouse or trackpad. :)

I wonder if it would be useful to anyone else to have something like this: when you use Alt-G to "Go to Verse", have the ability to put in "end" for the last verse in the chapter and have SS automatically take you to the last verse of the chapter (or just a letter such as "e" [end] would work).

So, you would enter, e.g., "Joh 3.end" or "Joh 3.e" and it would go to the last verse of John chapter 3. I often want to navigate to the last verse in a chapter, but I don't recall exactly how many verses the chapter has. I can easily get to the first verse by not specifying any verse. Right now, I find it quickest to get to the last verse by selecting the next chapter (w/o verse #) and then clicking "Previous chapter" (if " "Previous Chapter Link" at beginning of chapter" is checked in Preferences > Text Display Options). However, that method takes a bit more brain space if you want the last verse of the last chapter of a book. I guess even "Joh e.e" or "Joh end.end" could be used to take one to the last chapter's last verse. Since I prefer keyboard shortcuts, this method would save me one shift to the mouse or trackpad. :)

Try joh 3.99 or some big number.

Book Chapter.255 will always work.

Back