Implemented! Regular Expression search

danny.luker

I'd like to see the ability to use regular expressions for searching. I wrote a program to search the KJV Bible text with regex. It returns a list of matching verses and at the end appends a list suitable for pasting into the SS verse list dialog. Its a work around but would be nicer to have it incorporated into SS so that it can include the reference works and other bible texts, etc.

Thanks,
Danny

A RegEx search function is on the to-do list, but has been a low priority for the fact that so few people have requested it. I'll bump it up a bit based on your request.

Have you seen the new advanced search options available in 5.0?

Have you seen the new advanced search options available in 5.0?

I have seen them and they look great. I have not used them yet however. I just downloaded the eval a a few days ago. I really like the changes you've made. I use SS from my Linux notebook using Wine and the eval seems much snappier (more responsive) than in 4.8 (This might change with the full set of references as it must deal with more indexing). But don't get me wrong, 4.8 is no slouch under Wine, it is just that 5 seems a bit snappier ;).

I am especially fond of the new ability customize and even detach the panes. The Bible pane has always seemed in the wrong place on the right (not sure why ... I'm just qwerky like that :? )

My favorite feature is Alt-g and I like that you've given it a more prominent position in the layout. Also the new (or perhaps newly discovered by me) Shift-F2 box for quick search is grand!! Also in a prominent position.

I'm looking forward to ordering my upgrade.

Thanks,
Danny

Back