Scan tool

wsbones

Beta Tester
It would be handy if the scan tool had an option to "reform" the references in the pasted text as it interpreted them so they could put into a user book or commentary and make a link.

Have you tried the "Copy All Standardized" on the copy menu? That will copy all of the text to the clipboard with the recognized verse references reformatted to SwordSearcher standard. Should paste right into the user editor.

Have you tried the "Copy All Standardized" on the copy menu? That will copy all of the text to the clipboard with the recognized verse references reformatted to SwordSearcher standard. Should paste right into the user editor.

Perfect! I never looked at the dropdown before. Thanks. I thought I had a good idea but you already thought of it. :)

Could the Scan tool be able to be resized as small as the Bible window? Right now the minimum width is larger than the minimum width for the Bible panel. When I am sharing the screen with another app, it would be handy if the scan tool could sit on top of the Bible panel on the left third of the screen.

Perhaps -- it will require a code change.

It would be useful to have an option for the scan tool to load verses into the verse list panel in Bible order and eliminate duplicates OR leave them in the existing order.

This came to mind when trying to combine references from two studies of a subject into one. There was some overlap but also some unique verses in each study.

Maybe the option should be in the verse list panel to sort and eliminate dupes.

Re: Scan tool (Alt-F5)

I really like this feature (scanning pasted text for refs)!

Something that would help me with "Scan Text for Verse References" ? and it may already be there: I would like it if I had a way to get the verse texts that SS finds formatted such that contiguous verses are combined like they are when in the Bible panel you select "Copy from verse ___ through verse ___". As it is, I think all I can do is copy to the Verse List Panel and then copy the verse texts to the clipboard and then into my word processor. When I do that the verses like John 3:16-17 come out as two separate verses, not as one chunk of text. Is there a current way to do what I want? If not, maybe it's something that wouldn't be too hard to implement in a future version?

Re: Scan tool (Alt-F5)

I really like this feature (scanning pasted text for refs)!

Something that would help me with "Scan Text for Verse References" ? and it may already be there: I would like it if I had a way to get the verse texts that SS finds formatted such that contiguous verses are combined like they are when in the Bible panel you select "Copy from verse ___ through verse ___". As it is, I think all I can do is copy to the Verse List Panel and then copy the verse texts to the clipboard and then into my word processor. When I do that the verses like John 3:16-17 come out as two separate verses, not as one chunk of text. Is there a current way to do what I want? If not, maybe it's something that wouldn't be too hard to implement in a future version?

I'll look into this. An additional option for copying all of the verses recognized in a contiguous manner could be an option.

Back