Search for "not ="

Eric

Beta Tester
In a user commentary I've sometimes used the abbreviated phrase "not =". I thought I'd search and see where I'd used that, but I cannot figure out how to search for this, since "=" seems to not be considered a word. Is there a way to "escape" it? I tried in the Full Library Search and by using the search in the user commentary, but all I get are all the words "not". Thanks!

I can't find it either. I must not be recognized by the search routine. I wonder what other characters are not recognized? You could export the commentary and do a global change with an editor from "not =" to "not equal" and then import it again with Forge.

= is a special character (it's actually used to indicate English stemming, so searching for love= in your user module would find love, loving, loveth, etc). See http://www.swordsearcher.com/helpfiles/current/advanced_search_expressions.html under "modifier tokens."

I wonder what other characters are not recognized?

Punctuation, whitespace, other non-letter/numeral characters are not included in a normal search.

If this were a Bible search it could be easily done with a Character String search. But a book/commentary module search doesn't have that capability. I will add this to the feature request list.

Thanks for the info! I guess exporting it is probably the best approach for now. I can search the exported commentary, or as Bill said, and I can do a global change and stop using this "shorthand" method. I appreciate the pointers.

Back