Search Helpers

ASUNDER

There has been several times I couldn't find what I was looking for, for the life of me. Had to do a google search, because the exact wording was escaping me at the time.

When the auto search box can't find the query, it pops up a "can't find" error. Could it not do that?
Instead, could it open the advanced search tool, with a note at the top that says it couldn't find it (skip the error box, jumping straight to the advanced search).
Ideally I would even want the simple search box to still be there, at the top, so I can try again in a different way.
I guess that I can see the drop down results and just not hit Enter; typing something different. But the skipping the error box would be nice.
Maybe a Shift + Enter to go-to advanced search, instead of just F2.

Could you make it able to swap thee, thou, you, me; please (assume either/or). Several times in a search I had every word correct but I was supposed to type "thee" instead of "thy". So it couldn't find the passage at all. Even though 95% of my query was exact.

Honestly from what you describe, I would suggest just pressing F2 to begin with, skipping the main search box completely.

As you say, the main search box already shows you a list of what your search will turn up, giving you advanced knowledge whether or not the search is valid.

The other option is to do your searches a little differently. If you are having trouble because you choose the wrong "minor words" often, just leaved them out altogether. Just type one or two major words from the verse and then narrow it down from there. You may also want to review the search expressions available. Using a wildcard or Boolean logic is often quite useful.

There has been several times I couldn't find what I was looking for, for the life of me. Had to do a google search, because the exact wording was escaping me at the time.

When the auto search box can't find the query, it pops up a "can't find" error. Could it not do that?
Instead, could it open the advanced search tool, with a note at the top that says it couldn't find it (skip the error box, jumping straight to the advanced search).
Ideally I would even want the simple search box to still be there, at the top, so I can try again in a different way.
I guess that I can see the drop down results and just not hit Enter; typing something different. But the skipping the error box would be nice.
Maybe a Shift + Enter to go-to advanced search, instead of just F2.

Could you make it able to swap thee, thou, you, me; please (assume either/or). Several times in a search I had every word correct but I was supposed to type "thee" instead of "thy". So it couldn't find the passage at all. Even though 95% of my query was exact.
If I am just trying to recall a verse, I just put what I think it is (parts of it anyway) into F2, and most of the time, voila!

Back