Search results, launching SS8 from MS WordPad

Editor

Last week, I made a lot of mistakes trying to do a Strong's Indexer (E-SI) word search and export (paste) the results. The software has very powerful search capabilities that one has to find and exercise.

A message to Brandon reported E-SI search results, copied and pasted into WordPad would not launch that link in SS8. That was NOT true. What happened is, clicking on pasted SS8 links in a WordPad RTF file does launch SS8, but there's a big delay.. like 3-5 seconds.

Why the delay in launching SS8? .. in Win7, 64-bit? Any way to streamline?

The SwordSearcher URI links are processed through the operating system. Most applications wouldn't do anything with them at all, I am actually surprised that WordPad allows it. MS Word shows a warning when clicking them.

I would imagine the speed at which those links are processed inside of Word and Wordpad, etc, depends on your anti-virus. It probably has some "say" in whether or not the links will even work.

On my system, if I copy an ESI result page into MS Word, and I ctrl-click one of the Strong's links in the document, the link is processed virtually instantaneously after I click "yes" in Word (which asks me if I really want to follow the link). I am using Windows 10 and the Office 2016. There is no delay at all. I use Windows Defender (the built-in anti-malware in Windows 10).

I don't know what to suggest to streamline the process for your system. You could try disabling your anti-virus TEMPORARILY to see if that is a bottleneck.

For clarification of anyone reading this: we're discussing what happens when clicking special SwordSearcher links from within a word processing document, not using the links inside of SwordSearcher itself.

Hey thanks for the replies. It seemed to work instantly when clicking links in MS WordPad yesterday. I get the warning box without having to press Ctrl, and will look into editing Win7 Registry with Regedit to suppress that pop-up Msg.

Now experimenting with pasting into OpenOffice Writer, and without insulting anyone, would like to add links to an external website so others (that don't has SS8) can view the verses and Strong's numbers.

Also running Defender and a payware software firewall, but that doesn't interfere, I believe.

p.s. the issues started while doing a search for all occurrences of person or persons in KJV in a rush. Just need to exercise it more.

Back