Simplied Word Books

wsbones

Beta Tester
I was getting confused with all the word and phrase books I created. I am sure you were too, so I attempted to simplify things.

There is now only one dictionary, one commentary, and one book:

Bonnell's Dictionary of 3 Word Phrases (BD3WP.ssbook) - 5/19/2010 - is a dictionary of 3 word search phrases indexed on keyword. The keyword is the first, longest word in the phrase. These phrases were made by going through each word in the Bible (789,000+) and picking up the next two words to make a phrase, searching the Bible for that phrase and counting the occurrences, saving the phrase and its count in a list. This generated approximately 386,000 unique phrases. Only those occurring more than once are used. This resulted in about 86,000 phrases categorized in a dictionary format. Many of these phrases make interesting searches and give surprising results. Click a phrase to perform the search. For each keyword the verse reference of the first occurrence in the Bible is also given.

First Occurrence Commentary - 5/19/2010 - (1stC.sscmty) The law of first mention isn't really a law of Biblical interpretation, but it often does give insight to the meaning of a word. This commentary lists all the words in a verse that appear for the 1st time in the Bible. When you hover the mouse over the Bible margin link for 1stC, it will pop up the list of 1st occurrence words.

Bonnell's Combined Word Book (BCWB.ssbook)- 5/19/2010 - combines BWBook, B3WPSb, BUWbook (which can all be deleted) into one book. BWCB is indexed by book of the Bible. Each entry contains a count of all the words occurring more than once in that book of the Bible, all three-word phrases in that book of the Bible, and all the unique words in that book of the Bible. At the top of each entry is a Bible reference to verse 1:1 so that a link will show up in the Bible margin on the first verse of every book.

Bill, thank you very much. I will download the new combined word book and also print up this post of yours for reference if/when I need it.

Terri P.

That really makes things a lot easier! Thanks Bill. :)

Ruthlyn

Add my kudos to the rest! :)

I updated this module to contain word clouds and made a new book selector for the _Introduction topic. Everything is linked.

Combined Word Book (BCWBinstaller.zip)- 3/22/2011 - Unzip the installer and run it. It will place the files in your SS User Directory. BWCB is indexed by book of the Bible. Each entry contains a "word cloud" for the top 100 keywords, a count of all the words occurring more than once, all three-word phrases occurring more than once, and the unique words and phrases in that book of the Bible. Here's a snippet for Genesis:
All Mutiple-Occurring Words

199 god; 182 lord; 153 land;...
All Multiple Three-Word Phrases:
93 the land of
91 and he said ...
Unique Phrases
32 years and begat
15 joseph said unto...
Unique Words:
abelmizraim, abram's, accad, ...

Hi Bill,

It comes up with . . .
Bonnell's Combined Word Book
Genesis

Ge 1:1 :confused:
Go to Unique Words
Go to Three Word Phrases
All Mutiple-Occurring Words

199 god, 182 lord, 153 land, 150 jacob, 140 father, 131 son, 127 she, 126 sons, 125 joseph, 116 her, 113 behold, 109 abraham, 104 went, 97 years, 97 earth, 92 wife, 92 after, 91 man, 91 called, 87 these, 86 now, 86 name, 81 pass, 79 took, 77 house, 74 brethren, 73 egypt, 73 brother, 72 saying, 72 let, 71 hand, 71 go, 70 made, 70 isaac, 70 hath, 69 we, 68 us, 66 every, 65 pharaoh, 61 because, 60

It's missing the image, Bill. Where can I pick it up? :)

I see what is happening. The installer is doing something weird. I post a note when I have this fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Here's the link again. This should work.
https://sites.google.com/site/wsbones/InstallBCWB.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

The previous installer put all the .png file in the user directory - C:\Users\USER\Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules instead of

C:\Users\USER\Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules\BCWB-Assets

You can delete all the .png files (77 of them) that were incorrectly place in the user directory. Don't delete the ones in the BCWB-Assets subdirectory.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm getting old and forgetful.

Marty, let me know if this works. Thanks.

This one works GREAT! Thanks, Bill! :D

Thanks Bill, works fine indeed :).

Ruthlyn

Back