Size of text using Segoe UI font

Eric

Beta Tester
Brandon,

Since I've changed to Segoe UI as my main SwordSearcher font, I've noted something weird with the size of fonts in commentaries & books.

Please see the attached screenshot that shows you the Matthew Henry Commentary on the Whole Bible. The font is huge in the top paragraph. But what's stranger is that the paragraph below it is not. Since this is a "shipped-with-SwordSearcher module", I don't think it's my settings.

Some of my own commentary / book entries (user modules) from long ago also are this way. Seems that the font sizes in the editor are messed up. When editing a user module, with Segoe UI at least, it seems that the "Medium" and "Small" settings only make the text bigger than usual (for me), and only the "X-small" setting will shrink it.
ScrnCapt_2016-05-16_07hr44min21sec.jpg

Please see the attached screenshot that shows you the Matthew Henry Commentary on the Whole Bible. The font is huge in the top paragraph. But what's stranger is that the paragraph below it is not. Since this is a "shipped-with-SwordSearcher module", I don't think it's my settings.

The person who edited that text for the module did make that portion of the text larger than the rest. It's not something I would have done but it's normal. The proportion appears differently for different fonts. The font I use, Calibri, doesn't appear to have nearly as much difference between the sections as Segoe UI does.

Some of my own commentary / book entries (user modules) from long ago also are this way. Seems that the font sizes in the editor are messed up. When editing a user module, with Segoe UI at least, it seems that the "Medium" and "Small" settings only make the text bigger than usual (for me), and only the "X-small" setting will shrink it.

Probably there is something in the CSS in the heading of the raw HTML for the entry that is affecting font size. You could try using the format and style cleaner on the entry to remove all font formatting and see what happens.

2016-05-16_7-57-51.png

Back