Something to consider....

Regie

Dear all,

I consider it a big project and I think it would be horrible to finish or get 50% or further along into something and find out that someone else has already been working on it or nearly has it finished.

I'm not too far from finishing Calvin's Institutes for SwordSearcher 5. I make my work editable in case someone else wants to improve it later on. It does not matter to me if I get credit for my work or not. What is important to me is that the work gets out for use by others. So, if someone takes something I have done and wants to make the Greek look Greek, etc., go for it. :)

I already had Institutes in Online Bible several years back. I think I then went back and did it again separating all the sections in the book such that I could then make any references to various sections to another section in the book an easy jump. That is my intent for this SS work also.

What do you all and Brandon think about the idea of us notifying each other via this board when we have started a new project, especially if it is something that is public domain such as old writings, etc.? Maybe a separate header for such on the forum???????

MGB,
Regie

Dear all,

What do you all and Brandon think about the idea of us notifying each other via this board when we have started a new project, especially if it is something that is public domain such as old writings, etc.? Maybe a separate header for such on the forum???????

MGB,
Regie

I think it is a great idea.

Dear all,

MGB,
Regie

You get my vote, Regie!

I think it's a good idea for people to use this forum to announce these kinds of projects, so that people can collaborate if there is overlap. Also, if someone mentions work on a module that I am planning for the official library, I would be sure to notify them of that fact as well, so they don't put time into something that is already being done.

Great idea. This would be the board to announce on. Keep it simple.

Start a new thread saying "Starting work on module X"

You might consider stating a hope to be done by date. Not that I'd hold you to it, but others might. ;)

I like the idea of others being able to network on larger projects.

And as Brandon said if its something we're currently working on for a future release we won't have the redundancy/time wasted on a project that could have gone towards a different project.

Good stuff! Great use of the forums.

Calvin's Institutes progress........

Dear all,

I consider it a big project and I think it would be horrible to finish or get 50% or further along into something and find out that someone else has already been working on it or nearly has it finished.

I'm not too far from finishing Calvin's Institutes for SwordSearcher 5. I make my work editable in case someone else wants to improve it later on. It does not matter to me if I get credit for my work or not. What is important to me is that the work gets out for use by others. So, if someone takes something I have done and wants to make the Greek look Greek, etc., go for it. :)

I already had Institutes in Online Bible several years back. I think I then went back and did it again separating all the sections in the book such that I could then make any references to various sections to another section in the book an easy jump. That is my intent for this SS work also.

MGB,
Regie
Well, I finished Calvin's Institutes but I decided to put an index to it. I still lack some work on it but if all goes well I expect to have it completed sometime today or tomorrow.

Re: Calvin's Institutes progress........

Well, I finished Calvin's Institutes but I decided to put an index to it. I still lack some work on it but if all goes well I expect to have it completed sometime today or tomorrow.

Good stuff! Looking forward to it!

Back