"sscopyon" in pasted text; non-breaking spaces

Eric

Beta Tester
I just copied some text from a user Bible and then pasted it into a user commentary. When looked at the underlying code (Code Mode), I see there's an extraneous "sscopyon" tag or something in there.

Also, I almost always get extra codes for non-breaking spaces when I copy and paste something or put the cursor in between previously existing text. I regularly go back and remove these   gizmos. (I've mentioned that before, but I don't think we ever figured out why they happen.)

sscopyon and NBS.PNG

Does this only happen with your user-created Bible module? It could be some invalid HTML interfering with it... if you want to send me your module by email and tell me where I can reproduce this problem I can take a look and see what's happening.

Thanks, Brandon.

I just sent you the file and my notes on it. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the bug now.

Okay, I will take a look. The <!--sscopyon --> is an internal bit of code used in the Bible panel to help manage copy ranges (so you can mark text to copy without having to pull in marginalia) but it should never make it out of the Bible panel or be seen in any way. If that happened it would probably be due to unbalanced HTML tags in the source material. But that is a best-guess without being able to reproduce the condition.

Thanks. If I notice it again, I'll try to work on reproducing it immediately so we can see what's triggering it.

I don't think there would be any HTML in the source material (user Bible), since Forge now strips any that is in the source .txt file for Forge.

I don't think there would be any HTML in the source material (user Bible), since Forge now strips any that is in the source .txt file for Forge.

That's right. A mystery. :)

Back