Starting work on "A Dreamer and His Wonderful Dream"

Brother Mike

Hello SS5 Community

I am starting work on a new SwordSearcher module:

A Dreamer and His Wonderful Dream, The story of John Bunyan and Pilgrims Progress

By Alfred P. Gibbs

I hop to have this completed by 1/1/07

God bless
Bro. Mike

Thanks for the announcement!

Hello SS5 Community

I am starting work on a new SwordSearcher module:

A Dreamer and His Wonderful Dream, The story of John Bunyan and Pilgrims Progress

By Alfred P. Gibbs

I hop to have this completed by 1/1/07

God bless
Bro. Mike

Woo hoo! More free stuff!

I thought Pilgrim's Progress was in SS. I think I will do that as well.

OK. Not by 1/1, but still working on it. PP has been a major formatting giant. About half way with it. I wanted to put these out together. The other is done save for review.

God bless all and Happy New Year

Well

After many interruptions and delays, "Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan is done and posted.

Along with it, a companion book, "A Dreamer and His Wonderful Dream" by Alfred Gibbs is posted as well.

You can find them on my web site.

Please let me know if you find any errors in these ASAP. Progress is a bit of a nightmare as far as formatting goes and lots of verse references.

Thanks

Got them - Thanks for your work, Brother Mike! I'll install them this afternoon and take a look. If I run into any problems, I'll let you know. :)

Hello all

After looking at my post again, I just wanted to clarify something.

I think the tone of my request might sound like I am looking for beta-testers of my SS5 modules. Not my intent.

Please excuse this if this is how you read it. Just, if you find anything please let me know. I am sure I have some things I probably missed. Don't go out of your way to look for things.

The script like format of Progress made it quite a task to format, not to mention the numerous Bible verse references. Thank goodness for Word macros and the BibleTag utility.

LOL, Bro. Mike! I didn't think you wanted a beta tester - I was just saying thanks and didn't want to be too brief! :D

I put Pilgrim's Progress and A Dreamer And His Wonderful Dream into my Swordsearcher 5 Book Module folder, but can't seem to access them. They are not listed in my choice of tabs to select. Is there anything else I need to do?

I put Pilgrim's Progress and A Dreamer And His Wonderful Dream into my Swordsearcher 5 Book Module folder, but can't seem to access them. They are not listed in my choice of tabs to select. Is there anything else I need to do?

The module file actually belongs in your Documents folder in the SwordSearcher User Modules subfolder. You also need to re-start SwordSearcher so that it will be loaded.

The only folders I have in Swordsearcher are Images and Modules. Inside Modules is a Book folder. I made a Documents folder just now and moved them to it, but that didn't do the trick.

I took them out of the subfolder and just put them in with the rest in the Module folder and that is working good.

The only folders I have in Swordsearcher are Images and Modules. Inside Modules is a Book folder. I made a Documents folder just now and moved them to it, but that didn't do the trick.

The proper location is in your Documents folder -- on Windows XP this is typically called "My Documents". Opening Windows Explorer usually starts in this location. There should be a "SwordSearcher User Modules" folder there, which is where SwordSearcher 5.x looks for user modules.

Hi Jerry

Also, there is a folder in your "My Documents" folder called "SwordSearcher User Modules"

It should have been created during install. This is new I think for the 5.x SS. I like putting my user created modules there so as to keep them seperate from the included modules

Hope this helps

Looks like Brandon beat me to the punch.

I think I know what happened. When I installed, the program probably wanted to put them in My Documents, but I thought it was a strange place to put them, so I changed the location where they were installed. I do not use My Documents for anything. I prefer to use folders on my desktop for all my personal files, so whenever some program attempts to put things there, I always change that.

Back