Fixed! StudyClick Upper Case

KB1GCB

I notice in some incidences when using studyclick with a beginning upper case letter, the word cannot be found. If the beginning letter for the same word is lower case, the word is found. Is there a work around for this.?

Thank you for your great software--it has been a blessing in my study of the Word.

John

Can you give a specific example of this for me to test? I'll see what's going on.

Can you give a specific example of this for me to test? I'll see what's going on.

Brandon,
I sent an email a while ago about alt-ctl not finding words in Websters if they were upper case and also in the second half of the alphabet from K-Z. The popup comes up with the word "Justaposition" instead of the actual word definition in Webster 1828. When you actually click it finds the correct word in the dictionary but the pop up doesn't find it.

Here's an example:

If you paste this list into a topic and then alt ctrl on one of the words from MANIFESTATION thru TRIBULATION, it shows JUXTAPOSITION in the popup.

List: ADOPTION, AFFECTION, CONDEMNATION, CONSOLATION, CONTRIBUTION, CORRUPTION, CREATION, DAMNATION, DESTRUCTION, DISSIMULATION, EDIFICATION, ELECTION, EMULATION, EXHORTATION, EXPECTATION, FORNICATION, FOUNDATION, INDIGNATION, JUSTIFICATION, MANIFESTATION, MENTION, NATION, PERSECUTION, PROPITIATION, PROPORTION, REDEMPTION, RESURRECTION, SALVATION, TRIBULATION(S)

Thanks -- I thought I had seen this report before and it hadn't yet made it from my inbox to my bug list. Thanks for the reminder!

Update:

This issue has been fixed in the Hotfix 1 update for SwordSearcher 6.2. See here for details.

Back