Swordsearcher and Greek texts

Eric

Beta Tester
Hi, Brandon.
I'm excited about 6.0, though I haven't yet received it, so I'm just thinking based on what I've read about it; two questions came to my mind regarding Greek texts and SS:

(1) The Scrivener's Text with Stephen's variants is now the TR Greek text in SS 6.0. It used to be the other way around (Stephen's with Scrivener's variants as footnotes in 5.5). I think the change is good, since the Scrivener text underlies the KJV, SS's primary text and the primary English Received Text translation. My question: could I, before I install version 6, copy my old TR module from 5.5 (which only had Greek then), and rename it and then later put it in the modules directory so I would have two TR Greek texts, one SCR w/ St footnotes, the other ST w/ Scr footnotes?

(2) I see from the screenshots that version 6's TR module's Greek text does not have the breathing marks and accents (as in earlier versions). Is this something we can hope to have changed in the future? I would much prefer it have them.

Thanks!

(1) The Scrivener's Text with Stephen's variants is now the TR Greek text in SS 6.0. It used to be the other way around (Stephen's with Scrivener's variants as footnotes in 5.5). I think the change is good, since the Scrivener text underlies the KJV, SS's primary text and the primary English Received Text translation. My question: could I, before I install version 6, copy my old TR module from 5.5 (which only had Greek then), and rename it and then later put it in the modules directory so I would have two TR Greek texts, one SCR w/ St footnotes, the other ST w/ Scr footnotes?

No, this won't work because the modules would have the same name and abbreviations.

(2) I see from the screenshots that version 6's TR module's Greek text does not have the breathing marks and accents (as in earlier versions). Is this something we can hope to have changed in the future? I would much prefer it have them.

I just did a visual comparison between the two -- they appear to be exactly the same. Can you email me privately a screen shot of your existing text so I can compare it?

Back