SwordSearcherModules.net website available

Jerry

Beta Tester
I have maintained http://www.swordsearchermodules.net for some time as a repository for 3rd party SwordSearcher modules. The domain expires on January 16 and unfortunately I am unable to upkeep the website anymore. So, I am making it available for anyone who wants to take it over and can perhaps do it justice.

The website certainly isn't a barn burner, but then again I haven't really pushed it, either. It gets a pretty consistent 1,500 hits per month, and averages between 400 and 600 MB of downloads per month. On the plus side, it does show up as the first result in a Google search of "swordsearcher modules", which I think is pretty cool. :)

If you are interested, please respond via email at jerry@fostertribe.org. We can transfer ownership of the URL and I will get you the contents of the website (about 70mb total), or, if you have your own website you can transfer all the modules there and I will let simply let mine expire, though the name does have some value and you would probably want to redirect instead.

Thanks.

I've emailed you privately.

This has been a good resource, hope it continues.

I have maintained http://www.swordsearchermodules.net for some time as a repository for 3rd party SwordSearcher modules. The domain expires on January 16 and unfortunately I am unable to upkeep the website anymore. So, I am making it available for anyone who wants to take it over and can perhaps do it justice.

The website certainly isn't a barn burner, but then again I haven't really pushed it, either. It gets a pretty consistent 1,500 hits per month, and averages between 400 and 600 MB of downloads per month. On the plus side, it does show up as the first result in a Google search of "swordsearcher modules", which I think is pretty cool. :)

If you are interested, please respond via email at jerry@fostertribe.org. We can transfer ownership of the URL and I will get you the contents of the website (about 70mb total), or, if you have your own website you can transfer all the modules there and I will let simply let mine expire, though the name does have some value and you would probably want to redirect instead.

Thanks.

Hello SS community

Through Jerry's gracious offer, I have obtained ownership of the swordsearchermodules.net domain name and web site.

The site is in transition at the moment, but it should be back up again as it was very soon.

The site will be up as it looked originally until I figure how I want to go in design. It will undoubtedly remain similar to Jerry's original concept design. If it aint broke, ya know?

I will post again when it is back up.

God Bless
Brother Mike

Excellent. Thanks Mike & Jerry!

The site is back up after having been down for a day while the Internet catches up to the rest of the world.

The site is as it was before at this time. I am will begin working on a re-design this weekend. And will post when it is ready for debut.

It is my hope that all third party developers will consider hosting their modues there. Even if you do host elsewhere. I will be setting up an ftp drop off to make this task easier.

Thanks again to Jerry for his offer to the SS community to carry on the Sword Searcher Modules web site.

God Belss
Brother Mike

Thanks, Bro. Mike! Way to step up!

God bless the site and your efforts.

Thanks Marty for the kind words. It will take a bit of work (I think the modules are still pre-5.x versions) but it will be a blessing to carry on this project.

It's good to have them pre-version 5 as some people don't have v5 yet, don't you think?

Yes, very much so. I will probably keep a legacy site for the pre 5.x modules and then the 5.x on the main site. Or, just leave them 4.x and the users can import them.

Things to think about.

Or, just leave them 4.x and the users can import them.

My suggestion would be to include any modules in 4.x format that you have as 4.x modules, but to also upgrade them to 5.x format to make it easier for up to date users to install the modules.

Please feel free to email me if you need any assistance.

Yes, very much so. I will probably keep a legacy site for the pre 5.x modules and then the 5.x on the main site. Or, just leave them 4.x and the users can import them.

Things to think about.

Kudos Jerry & Mike. This is indeed great news.

Pr 25:25 ? As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country. ~ From the very portable SSv.3 running off my thumb drive.

Just a quick update.

The initial web site design is complete. I have converted all of the modules on the original site to 5.x modules.

The content has been uploaded as well as a test site.

I need to update the content pages on the site and add an auto responder as well as a mailing list. I also need to set up the ftp site for users to upload their modules.

Hopefull the new site will be available within a couple of weeks.

God Bless
Brother Mike

The content has been uploaded as well as a test site.

Did you want to make the test site public? I only see the old site from the link in your signature.

Did you want to make the test site public? I only see the old site from the link in your signature.

I have left the old site up during the time I re-work everything.

I normally use test sites for periodic uploading to test the site functionality. I don't usually make them public because they may not work well.

But if anyone wants to take a sneak peek, go to:

http://swordsearchermodules.net/testsite

Remember: It is a work in progress

Thank you very much, Bill.

You have some really good resources there. I have found your modules very useful and they will be great additions to the SS modules web site.

A minor nitpick -- SwordSearcher is one word. Your new site has it as two. :)

Ooops, my bad. You know, I was not quite sure. But, please, nitpick all you like. :)

The new swordsearchermodules.net web site is now up.

The site is pretty much as it was when Jerry had it, except:

A new look
A re-design of the menus to make them more SS friendly
Most of the 4.x modules on the "old" site have been converted to 5.x. Both versions are available where appropriate
There is "some" new content with more on the way
There have been a few deletions of content
There is a contact page with info on how to submit a module for posting

I am very excited and honoured to be able to pursue this project. Please let me know of any comments or suggestions you have to make this site as user friendly and productive as possible.

Please visit the site at:

http://swordsearchermodules.net

Back