Tabs, User Modules, Third Party Modules

Eric

Beta Tester
Hi, Brandon,
I thought I'd post this here, since others may want to comment or see your ideas.

(1) Tabs>Select Which Tabs to Show. I think it would be nice if there was an option to present them sorted by (a) Modules provided by SS, (b) User Modules, and (c) Third Party Modules (user-editable or non-editable, but from others). Of course, they could still be sorted under those headings by the categories you have now ? Bibles, Books, Commentaries.

(2) To do that, the third part modules would have to be sorted. Would it be useful to have a sub-directory in the the directory/folder called SwordSearcher User Modules that was for third-party modules? With so many modules available now, I'm having trouble remembering what you supplied with SS, what I made up (i.e. user modules) and what I got from others (third party modules). If you provided some kind of way to identify the modules you supply with SS and then let us check checkboxes for whether the remaining ones are to our own or third-party, we might be able to sort through this better.

(3) Also, just for convenience, it might be nice if user-editable modules showed up in one color in that list and non-editable ones in another color (or, e.g., bold/non-bold).

Just thoughts from a grateful user of one exceptionally user-friendly Bible program! :)

Good topic and I am definitely thinking of ways to handle the huge number of modules that have become available. Thanks!

[?] I am definitely thinking of ways to handle the huge number of modules that have become available. [?]

I'm sure your solution will be better than anything I can come up with. However, I have thought that setting up Forge so modules have fields for author(s), dates, primary languages, etc. might be helpful. And letting the user group them under "master tabs" might be an option, too. Then the user could set up "master tabs" like "evangelism", "prophecy/eschatology", etc. and move books into those "master tabs". It'd be best if the "master tabs" weren't exclusive, though, but based on data tags, thus a book on evangelism could be under that "master tab" and under the author, or under a tab for books primarily in that language. Just thoughts. I'm sure you'll come up with something better than I could.

Hi, Brandon,
I thought I'd post this here, since others may want to comment or see your ideas.

(1) Tabs>Select Which Tabs to Show. I think it would be nice if there was an option to present them sorted by (a) Modules provided by SS, (b) User Modules, and (c) Third Party Modules (user-editable or non-editable, but from others). Of course, they could still be sorted under those headings by the categories you have now ? Bibles, Books, Commentaries.

(2) To do that, the third part modules would have to be sorted. Would it be useful to have a sub-directory in the the directory/folder called SwordSearcher User Modules that was for third-party modules? With so many modules available now, I'm having trouble remembering what you supplied with SS, what I made up (i.e. user modules) and what I got from others (third party modules). If you provided some kind of way to identify the modules you supply with SS and then let us check checkboxes for whether the remaining ones are to our own or third-party, we might be able to sort through this better.

(3) Also, just for convenience, it might be nice if user-editable modules showed up in one color in that list and non-editable ones in another color (or, e.g., bold/non-bold).

Just thoughts from a grateful user of one exceptionally user-friendly Bible program! :)
It is understood that Sword Searcher is a program designed for everybody in their daily Bible Reading, studying, etc. not just one group. There are many denominations, groups, beliefs represented here in people that buy and use SS.

If nothing else, since it was brought up........... I would maybe at least like to see a default color or user defined color or some other method, grouping that can be associated with those MODULES that come from SS, 3rd party MODULES, my own personal MODULES and so forth- should the user desire? I know doctrinally what is coming from SS, from myself, but would like to maybe have the option(?) of being able to identify 3rd party MODULES.
That isn't a slight to any 3rd party MODULES as I have uploaded myself, but since the topic was raised and if Brandon is open to adding that perk I think it would be a nice feature.

We have pre-mill, post-miil, a-mll..........., various denominational faiths, etc. here all kinds of (good) folks that might appreciate that. I personally try to read everything- chew up the meat and spit out the bones:) I believe I have downloaded and included at least in my own SS every 3rd party MODULE that has been put up and made available and I am PERSONALLY grateful to those who spend the countless hours doing that labor in that we might all benefit.

I think so much of Sword Searcher, Brandon, the rest of you guys that I plug SS on my church webs. KUDO'S...................

Thanks,
Wes

Back