User created modules question

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rjg, Nov 30, 2013.

1. rjg

rjg Member

Hi,
    I created a book module using Forge for the M'Cheyne daily Bible calendar. I noticed that a scripture reference for a chapter translates differently depending on whether the book is a single or multi-chapter. For example, my input file text with "Isa 31;" displays as a reference "Isa 31;" in SwordSearcher. However, the text "Jude 1;" displays as "Jude 1:1;" rather than "Jude 1;" (or "Jude;"). The references link correctly to verse 1 in both cases. Is there a way I can change the appearance of those single chapter book references to not show the verse reference?

Thanks!

2. Brandon Staggs

Brandon Staggs Administrator Staff Member

No, SwordSearcher will always show the single-chapter book references in the form 1:v.

3. rjg

rjg Member

After more digging on the forums and plenty of trial and error, I found a way to do this using the href link:

I changed my text entry input from:
    <tr> <td>May 29</td> <td>De 2; Ps 83-84;</td><td>Isa 30; Jude 1;</a></td> </tr>

to this (changed ref for Jude 1):
    <tr> <td>May 29</td> <td>De 2; Ps 83-84;</td><td>Isa 30; <a href="swordsearcher://bible/Jude"><b>Jude</b> 1;</a></td> </tr>

and it makes the single chapter entries look and behave exactly like the others!

4. Brandon Staggs

Brandon Staggs Administrator Staff Member

Ah, it didn't occur to me to suggest hand-coding the links. :)