User created modules question

rjg

Hi,
I created a book module using Forge for the M'Cheyne daily Bible calendar. I noticed that a scripture reference for a chapter translates differently depending on whether the book is a single or multi-chapter. For example, my input file text with "Isa 31;" displays as a reference "Isa 31;" in SwordSearcher. However, the text "Jude 1;" displays as "Jude 1:1;" rather than "Jude 1;" (or "Jude;"). The references link correctly to verse 1 in both cases. Is there a way I can change the appearance of those single chapter book references to not show the verse reference?

Thanks!

Is there a way I can change the appearance of those single chapter book references to not show the verse reference?

No, SwordSearcher will always show the single-chapter book references in the form 1:v.

After more digging on the forums and plenty of trial and error, I found a way to do this using the href link:

I changed my text entry input from:
<tr> <td>May 29</td> <td>De 2; Ps 83-84;</td><td>Isa 30; Jude 1;</a></td> </tr>

to this (changed ref for Jude 1):
<tr> <td>May 29</td> <td>De 2; Ps 83-84;</td><td>Isa 30; <a href="swordsearcher://bible/Jude"><b>Jude</b> 1;</a></td> </tr>

and it makes the single chapter entries look and behave exactly like the others!

Ah, it didn't occur to me to suggest hand-coding the links. :)

Back