User Module Keywords

Mike Maxwell

I've just started using SwordSearcher and really like it, but I'm trying to figure out some of the techniques relative to user modules. When putting text into a user module, I've figured out that the Entry Title seems to be the keywords that cause an entry to come up in the Topic & Verse Guide when searching. Is there a way to tie multiple "Topic" keywords to an entry so that the same entry comes up in the default area of the Topic & Verse Guide during a search of any of the topics? As an example, say I wanted an entry to show up under "Holy Ghost", "God", "Holy Spirit", etc... How can I get one entry to come up on a search of any of those topics?

Right now, I'm creating a main entry, and then I'm creating entries for each "keyword" that I want to be able to search under. For the text portion of the keyword entries, I just put "See ..." with a link to the main entry. Is this the best way to accomplish this? I keep wondering if I'm missing a button on the editor or something that would simply allow me to enter a list of keywords.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

The Topic Guide only uses the entry title and verse references, so the method you are using is the correct one. You can, however, make entry titles very long so you could include your multiple key words right in the entry title.

However, depending on your goal, you could just use the search function for the book or commentary module you have created. You could use the primary topic of the entry as the title, and then list additional subtopics in the module, and just use the search function for the module (or the full library search function) to search your entries for subtopics.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had played around with the full library search, but the Topic Guide is such a nice way to quickly find info focused on a topic of interest without all the tangents that show up under a full library search, that I want my user modules to be able to take full advantage of it. I had also inadvertently discovered the ability to use multiple keywords in the entry title, but then they show up under the full title of the entry and not directly under the topic results in the Topic Guide. I'll just keep using the extra entry with link method that I've been using.

If you are looking for new features for future versions of SwordSearcher, I'd like to cast a vote for the addition of a topic field for user book entries that will accept multiple topics that the Topic Guide searches when finding entries for topics. For example, if I search on "Grace" and "Grace" is one of the topics for an entry, the Topic Guide would find and display the entry link directly under "Grace", and not under the long keyword title.

By the way, I love the StudyClick feature.

Thanks for your feedback. The suggestion is similar to an idea I have been kicking around for a while allowing verses and other things to be tagged with short words/phrases and would work well with that. Thanks again.

Back