Using SS With Smartphone Apps

monteu

Looks like I am getting a Droid phone. I really love SS and there is not a mobilephone version. However there are many Bible software apps for Droids. Are any of you using these apps in conjunction with SS. I keep my sermon notes all in SS and I would like to have those in my phone also. In short, my question is: What mobile phone sofware are you other SwordSearcher users using :)? Thanks

SwordSearcher is a desktop application through-and-through. There isn't currently an option for running it on Android devices. It does work on Windows 7 tablet PCs like the Samsung Series 7 Slate.

As for mobile apps, I have seen several Android Bible apps and I haven't seen any that I would be comfortable using more than my printed Bible.

I have explored the possibility of making an Android app for SwordSearcher, but the platform is joyless to develop for. Also, given the fact that this is a one-man production, it is very difficult to justify the large amount of time a good app takes to develop. I could throw together yet-another-reader-app but it would not be worthy of the SwordSearcher name, so I will not do that.

However, the mobile market is constantly changing, and with change there are always new things to consider. There may still be a SwordSearcher mobile app in the future, but for the time being my efforts are still focused on making the desktop application ;) better.

I have an app on my Nook called "Touch Bible KJV Strongs" that looks pretty good for a non-SwordSearcher program. I haven't used it much because it's just as easy to grab the laptop and open SwordSearcher, but I've poked around in it a little.

I have an app on my Nook called "Touch Bible KJV Strongs" that looks pretty good for a non-SwordSearcher program. I haven't used it much because it's just as easy to grab the laptop and open SwordSearcher, but I've poked around in it a little.
Has anyone else tried using Touch Bible KJV Strongs? I am looking for a good app that will work either on my tablet or on my Android smartphone. I am not always able to access my laptop, so it would be great to have a good app on my phone. Are there any plans to bring a SS app to Androids or iPhones? I think it would be very great!

Has anyone else tried using Touch Bible KJV Strongs? I am looking for a good app that will work either on my tablet or on my Android smartphone. I am not always able to access my laptop, so it would be great to have a good app on my phone. Are there any plans to bring a SS app to Androids or iPhones? I think it would be very great!

I am using the Olive Tree app on my android. I like it. I copy notes from SS over into it. For now it works, but I hope for a mobile SS someday.

Back