Weird search question

RevTim

Beta Tester
Can you search for question marks?

Within a particular range?

Tee hee! Putting "?" in the search field brings up every verse with "a" and "I" in it! The same results come up for "? " and every other search I ran!

Tee hee! Putting "?" in the search field brings up every verse with "a" and "I" in it! The same results come up for "? " and every other search I ran!

I wasn't home when I thought of the question but didn't want to wait to see if someone could help.

I'm preparing a sermon and need to find some questions in the Bible, so I figured let me try searching the ? if I could.

No, you can't search punctuation. Not yet, anyway. ;)

Right, the ? symbol is a single-letter wild card for the search. So if you put a ? in there, it finds all one-letter words.

I wasn't home when I thought of the question but didn't want to wait to see if someone could help.

I'm preparing a sermon and need to find some questions in the Bible, so I figured let me try searching the ? if I could.

I have a list of all the questions in the Bible from Finis Dake. What section are you interested in?

I have a list of all the questions in the Bible from Finis Dake. What section are you interested in?

No section in particular. Just some questions raised in the Bible, like --

Psalms 15:1 LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?

Or -- John 18:38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth?

to use as an introduction to a message based on -- 1 Kings 18:21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions?

Though I'm not sure yet if I'll camp out there or in Josh. 24.

It was kind of you, Bill, to post a list of ? verses, however. Thanks.

Sorry, is there a way to count the number of paragraph marks that there are?
Thank You,
Gary Teresi

Maybe Brandon has the answer. I counted 4258 hex 01 characters in the pmap.dat file in the SwordSearcher 5 directory.

Maybe Brandon has the answer. I counted 4258 hex 01 characters in the pmap.dat file in the SwordSearcher 5 directory.

That's the number of paragraph marks, correct. If I recall correctly, it is based on the Scrivener paragraph Bible.

Wow! You guys are amazing! Now the question is, why would you want to know how many paragraph markers there are? :)

I notice though that most KJV Bibles have their paragraph marks end at at Acts 20:36.
The Sword Searcher has them going through to Revelation.
Is there a reason as to why?
And how does that affect the number that you gave of 4258?
Thank You,
Gary Teresi

Obviously so you can calculate how many verses in an average paragraph;)

Actually, the reason I asked was that the Bible is based on a series of sevens, so I thought that maybe the number would easily be divisible by seven, (coincidence, of course)!
The question may sound a bit trivial, but we do have a Great God, and a Great Book!

Gary

I notice though that most KJV Bibles have their paragraph marks end at at Acts 20:36.
The Sword Searcher has them going through to Revelation.
Is there a reason as to why?
And how does that affect the number that you gave of 4258?
Thank You,
Gary Teresi

The paragraphs in SwordSearcher are the same as the Scrivener Paragraph Bible.

As far as I know there is no "canon" for paragraph marks so the number 4258 only tells you how many paragraph symbols there are in SwordSearcher Bible modules.

Back