Windows 8 app?

Jeremiah Tan

Looking forward to the future...

Would there be a swordsearcher app on the windows store for easy purchase and download? :D

It would be great running on tablets running windows 8, and even those running the windows 8 RT. 8)

wld be awesome for preparing lessons and bible studies on the move, esp with the advent of the windows tablet computers...

:razz:

SwordSearcher 6.2 is compatible with Windows 8.

It is not compatible with Windows RT. So, it won't work on the Surface RT, but it will work on the Surface Pro coming out next year. It does work on Intel-based Windows tablets, but SwordSearcher is a desktop app. I use it on my Samsung Series 7 Slate.

An "app" for Windows RT will have to be an entirely new program designed specifically for that interface and framework. I don't have anything I can announce on that front right now.

Thanks so much for your reply sir! :)

great to hear swordsearcher is fully compatible with windows 8.

seriously considering upgrade... :cool:

Been using SwordSearcher on Windows 8. Works good. A metro-style app would look nice but even Word 2013 only runs in desktop mode. I am always switching between Word and SS while I prepare sermons so it makes more sense for me to have SS in desktop mode.

If MS Office becomes integrated into the Metro design then perhaps it would make sense. Until then I think SS is better suited as a desktop app.

been considering getting windows 8 tablet.

but all pretty expensive, especially those running the full windows 8 instead of RT.

RT tablets are much cheaper, and if swordseacher is a windows app on the store, than we can use windows RT tablets too! :D

but that's way way into the future...

RT tablets are much cheaper, and if swordseacher is a windows app on the store, than we can use windows RT tablets too! :D

Right - at this time SwordSearcher will only run on the full version of Windows 8, not the RT version on the Surface RT tablets.

However next year Microsoft will be releasing the Surface Pro, which will run all Windows applications, including SwordSearcher. It might be good to wait until then to see what's worth buying.

I don't own an Ipad or an Android tablet, but should I get one, it had to be something that runs Swordsearcher. Just happened to see a Windows 8 tablet in one of our stores; glad it's coming!

Back