Wish list for NEXT release

RevTim

Beta Tester
Brandon, any chance of getting the harmony from the Thompson Chain Bible in the next major update?

And any update on the possibility of having the parsing information included? {Yes, it's been mentioned and discussed before. But nothing like a little squeek once in a while... :D }

Thanks!

Brandon, any chance of getting the harmony from the Thompson Chain Bible in the next major update?

Is this available online somewhere that you know of?

And any update on the possibility of having the parsing information included? {Yes, it's been mentioned and discussed before. But nothing like a little squeek once in a while... :D }

It will be a while. The only freely available source I am aware of at the moment that could be used has errors in the KJV text, so I wouldn't be willing to change it out for that.

Is this available online somewhere that you know of?

Nope. But where is all the other material from the TCRB that you have included? It's not avail there?

It will be a while. The only freely available source I am aware of at the moment that could be used has errors in the KJV text, so I wouldn't be willing to change it out for that.

You may have me at a disadvantage in terms of knowing, but what about what the Online folks use? Any chance they might let you share? They really do have a very good parsing mod, all things considered.

Or perhaps that's the corrupted text you are running away from shouting "EEK! EEK!" ? ;)

I just finished loading my ss5, I like it and thanks for harmony.
My comment is why not just go to bible and left click on the verse and have that to send the program straingt to comantary and book links. that could get rid of those clumzy links making more room in the bible window. I know that links can be blinked out already but it would be so nice just to click on the verse and let the program do the rest. JT

My comment is why not just go to bible and left click on the verse and have that to send the program straingt to comantary and book links.

Right-click a verse in the Bible display, then use the "Commentaries on" and "Book references on" items that are in the popup menu. Or use the Verse Guide item on the same menu if you don't want to access them on the menu itself. So, you can disable the margin links if you prefer to use the menu instead... Removing the links by default isn't the direction I plan to go, since I find them far more intuitive than the pop-up menu method. But both options are there.

Hope this helps.

Right-click a verse in the Bible display, then use the "Commentaries on" and "Book references on" items that are in the popup menu. Or use the Verse Guide item on the same menu if you don't want to access them on the menu itself. So, you can disable the margin links if you prefer to use the menu instead... Removing the links by default isn't the direction I plan to go, since I find them far more intuitive than the pop-up menu method. But both options are there.

Hope this helps.

How about double clicking on the verse reference in the Bible window to open the active commentary for that verse. The links are intuitive but they take up a good amount of screen space. Screen space is important if you need to use a larger font (as old people understand).

How about double clicking on the verse reference in the Bible window to open the active commentary for that verse. The links are intuitive but they take up a good amount of screen space. Screen space is important if you need to use a larger font (as old people understand).

Thanks for the suggestions. Adding user configurable actions like that shouldn't be a problem and is something I'm adding to the to-do list.

Some of us you aren't so old but have eye problems appreciate the ability to make the fonts larger, too.

I'd like to see double clicking on a word in the Bible, commentary, or book automatically do a dictionary lookup in Websters.

No sense wasting a good double click. :)

I'd like to see double clicking on a word in the Bible, commentary, or book automatically do a dictionary lookup in Websters.

Good thought, except some of us might desire a different default for a double click.

I can't remember where I mentioned it before, but it would be great to be able to set a "default" comm. and book (both if possible), and perhaps have the double click be set to that?

Good thought, except some of us might desire a different default for a double click.

I'm planning to add a Sync preferences option to control what happens with a double-click in the Bible panel.

I just finished loading my ss5, I like it and thanks for harmony.
My comment is why not just go to bible and left click on the verse and have that to send the program straingt to comantary and book links. that could get rid of those clumzy links making more room in the bible window. I know that links can be blinked out already but it would be so nice just to click on the verse and let the program do the rest. JT

Yes I like that idea too James. Perhaps a single click would provide that if it's a text that I click on, then the dictionaries and books both show the text (highlighted in yellow) with the proper tabs highlighted and if it is a word that I have highlighted in the bible verse then I'd like the dictionaries and books to show the word highlighted in each of the dictionaries and books with the proper tabs highlighted. If instead a double-click is done on a verse then everywhere that verse is mentioned in any of the commentaries, books, or dictionaries (a full search i.e.) with the verse highlighted and the proper tabs highlighted. If the double-click is done on a word or phrase then everything found in all dictionaries, books, and commentaries is highlighted and the proper tabs are highlighted.

I hope this makes sense as I have had to fight off sleep as I composed it.

MGB,
Regie

I'm planning to add a Sync preferences option to control what happens with a double-click in the Bible panel.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: :D

Bro. LeRoy Rhodes and I would like to see a means similar to that which Theophilos has in which the F3 key is used to go to the next exact search when a word or a phrase has been searched. As it is now, SwordSearcher finds the place and some context for a search and highlights it in the book window in an attractive yellow color but a second or a third occurrence of that same word or phrase is not highlighted if I remember correctly. Of course SS will show the same word or phrase in the lower left window if the word or phrase is found in a different chapter of the book.

Please let me know if I haven't made good sense in the above.

MGB,
Regie

As it is now, SwordSearcher finds the place and some context for a search and highlights it in the book window in an attractive yellow color but a second or a third occurrence of that same word or phrase is not highlighted if I remember correctly.

Actually, as of version 5, a complete library search will show highlighting on all matches in an entry display, once you've clicked on the link in the search result panel. You can scroll down in the entry display (book or commentary) and find additional matches highlighted.

I do understand your desire for a keyboard shortcut, and I'll add this to "the list."

Double-clicking on a word in the Bible pane will go to the nearest entry in the currently active book. So you can select Websters and then double-click. But if you change books then you have to remember to change back. However, this doesn't work for the commentary pane, and obviously not in the book pane.

Like Pastor Time I have asked for a user-settable default book for a double-click, but it hasn't happened yet.

Like Pastor Time I have asked for a user-settable default book for a double-click, but it hasn't happened yet.

It's on the list. :)

Back