With Regard to Highlighting

marty

Beta Tester
I know we have had discussions on the Highlighting feature in the Bible panel, but I can't find the one I'm looking for, so I'll start another and just lump everything together...

My Highlighting Wish-list:
1. I'd like to be able to set the color strength - now sometimes the strong colors on a verse or two are too much of a distraction in the flow of reading a whole passage, and I end up taking it off. (Even having the options of "light, medium, or dark" would work.)
2. I'd like to be able to assign word or designation to the colors, such as, blue = (character/personality traits of) Jesus; green = promises; red = warnings; etc., and to bring up a list of highlighted verses using the assigned word or have the designation show when making my selection of the compiled verse list.
3. I'd like the option to bring up a verse list of highlighted verses in the current chapter, or in the current book, or on a particular word (not necessarily the assigned word in #2), or of a certain highlight or underline color, or all highlighted verses (either grouped by color, or listed in order by book).
4. Once the highlighted-verses list is assembled, I'd like to be able to manipulate it by copying the verses, or changing the highlighting of the list (i.e., making them all underlined, or all highlighted in the same color, etc.).
5. I'd like to see the context, preview, link for each verse.
6. What if we used the highlighting to make our own cross-references list for use in the widget area? When a verse is highlighted, it would automatically be added to the cross-reference list for that color, on the fly, then when the cursor is over the CR (cross-reference) link, the other verses highlighted in that color would show up - click and the verse list would come up.

That's it - did I miss anything?

#6 is a really good idea. I like them all, really. :)

Ah, the highlighting wishlist... << I just wrote that to bring this post to the top of the que again. :)

Back