Uniform text

Regie

After having created many modules, I have all sizes and types of fonts, etc.

Is there a way to return it all in books, commentaries, to the font, etc. that I choose and not have humpteen different font sizes and having to go through the style and format cleaner on tons and tons of things (each entry in a book or commentary)?

Thanks,
Regie

You can do a style and format clean across an entire user module.

Just be aware, this cannot be undone. You should make backups of your modules before you try this, just in case you don't like the result...

I did this on a module, hoping that it would also correct a problem that when I copy something and paste it into the module that the print would be the size of the text in that module. However, the text when I paste it in is still super large and not the size of the rest of the text until I run it through the style and format stage. Is there a setting that I may have missed that controls the size of pasted in text? Thanks.

I did this on a module, hoping that it would also correct a problem that when I copy something and paste it into the module that the print would be the size of the text in that module. However, the text when I paste it in is still super large and not the size of the rest of the text until I run it through the style and format stage. Is there a setting that I may have missed that controls the size of pasted in text? Thanks.

No, the paste will keep most of the source formatting, but you can try the "paste as plain text" option to scrub all formatting from the source before it pastes. You can find it on the Edit menu, the right-click menu, or just press Shift+Ctrl+V to use it.

Thanks much. I tried it. It works. I will have to just keep on like I have been doing, for that removes the bold and italics texts in some of the copying and pastings that I do, though I do not understand why the text in the emails looks the right size, but when I paste it into SwordSearcher it may be twice the size it looked in the email. Anyway, the format cleaner works great to do what I want done to it after I paste in the text and reduces it down to proper size and keeps the bold, italics, etc.

I do much appreciate your kind and helpful answers to our troubles and I do not hesitate to recommend SwordSearcher to anyone and tell them about your help and the help of the people on this forum who are so nice, helpful and kind.

MGB,
Regie

Back