Editing Module Information

Shaynos

How do I edit my Module Information? Is this a secret? I think I've looked everywhere. Help please & thank you.~S

The right-click module tab info screen is not editable inside of SwordSearcher, so you're not missing it. The only way to make your own text for that info screen is to build your module with Forge instead of doing it inside of SwordSearcher.

User, Rename A User Module (if it is a user created module) (won't that work or did I misunderstand the question)

That doesn't allow for the amount of info I wanted to add, like author bio, etc. I find now something in Forge help more like what meant: "An optional author detail/title page entry" so will try that ... Hey thanks for the input and it does work for an easy little extra info edit.~S

User, Rename A User Module (if it is a user created module) (won't that work or did I misunderstand the question)
I think he's asking about the Module Information that is an option when you right-click on a tab - the info that tells you where the module came from, etc.

I think he's asking about the Module Information that is an option when you right-click on a tab - the info that tells you where the module came from, etc.
Thanks. I always appreciate your help on this forum. MGB.

You could export your user module, edit the resulting text file, change the user information using a text editor like notepad, and then bring it back into Swordsearcher using Forge.

Export using Swordsearcher menus -> User menu/advanced user module maintenance/export for Forge.

Download a copy of Forge here: https://www.swordsearcher.com/forge/index.html

Swordsearcher will make a backup copy when you run Forge, but you might want to make another in case something gets messed up while experimenting with it.

Play around with Forge. It useful especially if you need to change a lot of topics in a module (i.e. adding a link in each topic to go to the table of contents).

You could export your user module, edit the resulting text file, change the user information using a text editor like notepad, and then bring it back into Swordsearcher using Forge.

Export using Swordsearcher menus -> User menu/advanced user module maintenance/export for Forge.

Download a copy of Forge here: https://www.swordsearcher.com/forge/index.html

Swordsearcher will make a backup copy when you run Forge, but you might want to make another in case something gets messed up while experimenting with it.

Play around with Forge. It useful especially if you need to change a lot of topics in a module (i.e. adding a link in each topic to go to the table of contents).

Yes sir - I got a lot of good use out of Forge today. It is a valuable program IMO. I've used it quite a lot for years but today I really put it to work (and myself) :)

Regie

Back