Highlight section

I am still fairly new at this. However, I was looking for suggestions for the best use of the different highlight options to use while reading or studying the Bible sort of like highlight for memorization, or specific topics on doctrine. So far I have enjoyed having this program for preparing for Bible studies (or Sunday School teaching) and would be please to recommend this program to anyone especially beginners.

Good question.
I'm sure people will have a lot of different answers.
Here's how I use the available highlighting colors.
It would be a useful to be able to name the colors for the purpose the user intends.

I put the designation of the colors in a module because I was forgetting what meant what. It's nice to see at a glance if a verse contains the attributes of Jesus, Holy Spirit or Father God, or a promise, or a warning, etc. I use Green for Promises, Pink for Comfort verses, Purple for Attributes of our Father, Blue for Holy Spirit, Teal for Jesus, Red for Warnings, etc. Then I started putting the highlighted verses into the module! I'd like it if SwordSearcher would do that step for me... It's great to be able to personalize our SwordSearcher Bibles this way!

Thanks guys, I was trying to reply to both wsbones and marty, however I apparently got cut off on my message. As I was saying I was trying to get some ideas on what to do in highlighting verses by subject or doctrine. These messages helped, however marty how do I create a module for my purpose? Thanks again guys.

Brandon has made some GREAT videos to show you how to do things with SwordSearcher - here's the one about making your own modules:
I made an entry for each highlight color and put my highlighted verses in the appropriate entry. I'd like to organize them better - by book - but I don't highlight in order, so having SwordSearcher do that for me is on my wish-list as a future feature.

Last edited:
Thanks Marty, after I get some things done today I will look into it. My wife has been in the hospital for 3 weeks and has been going through physical therapy now for 3 weeks.

Back