Ryrie Study Bible vs SwordSearcher Resources and McGee

Keight

I have purchased the Ryrie Study Bible, and am wondering how its notes, charts, and timelines compare to some of the resources in SwordSearcher.

I have been aware for a long time of the timeline controversies pre-Abraham, but didn't know about the other controversies, in particular the length of the ministry of Christ.

I am also interested in how Veron McGee compares to Ryrie and SwordSearcher.

These issues are not important enough to me to want to know the "right" dates and "facts"; I just want to know where things differ.

Ryrie says that Abraham was born in 2165 BC and Ussher says 1996 BC. I wasn't expecting those 2 resources to differ so much on that date. I am just trying to be able to use multiple resources simultaneously in some sort of simple way. I am looking to COMBINE multiple resources, not cause division.

I returned the Ryrie Bible. Again and again, I just come back to SwordSearcher and the public domain and free resources. I have very few new and for-profit resources that I have stayed infatuated with after I had time to dig into them.

Ryrie says that Abraham was born in 2165 BC and Ussher says 1996 BC. I wasn't expecting those 2 resources to differ so much on that date. I am just trying to be able to use multiple resources simultaneously in some sort of simple way. I am looking to COMBINE multiple resources, not cause division.
It's better to use dates from creation of Adam. Nobody knows when Christ was born exactly. Here's a table where AH stands for year of man (from Adam). Ignore the BC column since it depends on non-Biblical data.

1596848856022.png

1596849123976.png

Sir, is this chart in our books downloads...?
It's also in BPS101 as shown in the image above.

If you type chronology.htm in the dropdown selector of BPS101, it should be there. Let me know. I may have made some changes to BPS101 since I last upload it.
1596896123958.png

Thank you!!! There are so many things that I have missed altogether or that I forget are available in the modules.

It's also in BPS101 as shown in the image above.

If you type chronology.htm in the dropdown selector of BPS101, it should be there. Let me know. I may have made some changes to BPS101 since I last upload it.
View attachment 1412

Nope it does not come up the way you say, but I can access it by clicking the MRO book.

Back