Combining Strongs numbers with English words

dcausby

Coming from a position where I believe the KJV translators were very particular about which English word to use for their Hebrew or Greek equivalents, especially when there were multiple words to choose from, I was interested to see how the word "stand" (H6965) in Ps 24:3 appears elsewhere in the OT, and so I did a search for: H6965 stand. The results went from 629 matches for H6965 on its own to 78 matches for the combined search. It's an interesting way to see how the translators may have translated within different contexts. I found it a helpful way to dig further into a verse or passage.
Maybe others would find this a helpful search combination.

Go way to search... another way is use young's concordance and it with break the original hebrew word in to it component uses... and still further is to look in youngs as to the phrases that use stand like "stand still"... or to look in a early middle english dictionary or sometimes called lexicon for the root English word to see how the KJV uses those root words... the events surrounding their use is an eye opener... we tend to isolate the words without really seeing their testimony of "The Son" in it context... It is good to remember that all scripture in context testifies of the Son of God... " All things in the scriptures concerning Himself... His very person... all scripture is given as a witness to Him and HI. Alone... whether thay are directly testifying, or indirectly being types and shadows, figures of speech, parallel events, people, places, tradgies or triumphs...

Here is another great resource to understand the English words that were chosen by the translators. Whites Dictionary of the King James Language. 'It's like going back into time and "looking over the shoulder" of the translators. I use it all the time. This would be an AMAZING module for SwordSearchers. http://www.whitesdictionary.ca

Back