Understanding the Bible: An Independent Baptist Commentary

I have been contemplating the purchase of UTB for some time but just can't bring myself to spend more for a single commentary than Brandon charges for the entire SS application that includes so many modules already. It does look like it would be a good addition but is a single module worth more than SS? I just can't fathom how it could be.

How much is again? Like 100 dollars? Well if you do get it, just be careful and make sure whatever you using agrees with the Bible because there is a lot of false teaching out there. And some of it is in the Sword Searcher add on books. So Beware.

I have been contemplating the purchase of UTB for some time but just can't bring myself to spend more for a single commentary than Brandon charges for the entire SS application that includes so many modules already. It does look like it would be a good addition but is a single module worth more than SS? I just can't fathom how it could be.
It is a GREAT commentary. Which, once you get it, you will use a lot.
You will check one verse, and THEN, by curiosity, will go to many verses that you already know just to see what UTB says.
first time I was caught in a "domino effect". (just by checking your "already notes", will you double check with UTB.)
Like Mr. Bob A., soon you will make it a "main" commentary.
The value is there, don't worry about the "quality/knowledge" of it. It is a WONDERFUL and AMAZING add-on.
it worth it !

Well, I guess I'm just weak willed... I broke down and but bought the UTB SS module. I know I won't regret it but I sure hope Brandon at least gets a commission from it.

Well, I guess I'm just weak willed... I broke down and but bought the UTB SS module. I know I won't regret it but I sure hope Brandon at least gets a commission from it.
In this case I am publishing this text so I do keep a portion of the charge, with a majority of it going to the author.

Yes, indeed, SS9 offer SO SO SO much. This is such a WELL done program. Some times, often, I Shift+Alt+T, and look at ALLLLLL, the Bibles, commentaries, books, and compare with some free program what they offer, and I just say to myself, "what a wonderful tool." in SS9. There is SUCH a difference between "reading the Bible", and 2Timothy 2:15 KJV. I personally wouldn't be where I am if it wouldn't be of SwordSearcher 9.
Also, it is nice to have offers for some "more" Special add-ons.
Praise the LORD for SwordSearcher 9.0 !
Amen.

Can someone tell me if they are the same? Or does it mean that the SS version is less content? Cannot find answer.

Online order states somewhere “Hard Cover” so was wondering if it actually is same as the Actual Commentaries hard cover versions @ $350 retail? Since it is showing $99.00 hope this clears my question up. Or is it a slim down version?

Online order states somewhere “Hard Cover” so was wondering if it actually is same as the Actual Commentaries hard cover versions @ $350 retail? Since it is showing $99.00 hope this clears my question up. Or is it a slim down version?
I don't sell printed books. Here is the listing for this commentary:

The SwordSearcher module is not reduced content. It is the complete Third Edition commentary text.

Thank you! I simply did not know if it was “” all”” the commentary in digital form. This states that it is. Plus I hope you don’t start selling books.🙏👍😎

I have this in Bible Analyzer and loved it so much that I just recently spent the 300 and got the print version. I guess I am going to have to break down and pay another 99 to get it in Swordsearcher because it is just that good. Sorenson explains things in a simple concise way that just make sense without piling on a lot of excess stuff you don't really need. If you read something and just don't quite understand what you read and need a little help sorting it out, Sorenson is your guy. EXCELLENT commentary set. I so wish there was a way to import it from Bible Analyzer into Swordsearcher but I know it is an impossibility.

If you come from an independent, fundamental, Baptist background, I think you would come to value Dr. Sorenson's work.

Additionally, on the text issue, he was at one time a non TR / KJV propnent, but he has written an excellent defense of the Bible.

For whatever it's worth, this aging, simple, country preacher, would highly recommend it.

I own the Understanding the Bible Commentary in CD Rom format, is there a way to import that CD into SwordSearcher?
Sorry, no. The SwordSearcher module (currently unavailable) is different and would require a separate purchase. Unfortunately right now the online store I was using to handle those sales is offline due to extreme cost increases and I have not had the time yet to set up a replacement.

I even ended up buying a print copy so I could enjoy it both in print and SS.

If you need assistance in finding a replacement store for it, let me know. I could do some digging. I wonder if Pastor Sorenson could sell/host it for you as well.

UTB is an eye opener regarding Verse by Verse studying...
It is "THE" full extend of 2 Timothy 2:15 !
If you can get it.... GO ahead !

Back