Inquiries

RevTim

Beta Tester
@Brandon Staggs - I just noticed that this book does not appear to use the KJV, which would have been what AT Robertson used. I know that this is a user created module. I would love to replace it with one using the KJV. Would you have any plans to do that?

And I don't know that I have seen any works by AH Strong available for SS. Any plans to add his Sys theo? Thanks as always for your considerations.

this book
Which book? Sorry, I feel like I am missing some context. At any rate, if it's a user-created module you're referring to, I doubt I will be doing any work on it myself.

Any plans to add his Sys theo? Thanks as always for your considerations.
I'd like to, I have this on my list of sources I want to find to add to the library.

Which book? Sorry, I feel like I am missing some context. At any rate, if it's a user-created module you're referring to, I doubt I will be doing any work on it myself.

I'd like to, I have this on my list of sources I want to find to add to the library.
"This book." Sorry AT Robertson's harmony. The info shows it's a user created module, but the Bible is def not KJV. That's disappointing and deceptive. So any chance that could be added with the KJV? Glad to hear on Strongs. I know you are super busy, I wish I could help.

"This book." Sorry AT Robertson's harmony.
I've added this to my list of items to try to add to the official library.

From what I know, A.T. Robertson has a preference for the Critical Text. In fact, the PDF I found of this book (assuming it is the same one) states this on the title page:
A Harmony Of The Gospels For Students Of The Life Of Christ
Based on the Broadus Harmony in the Revised Version

The next page says "Copyright 1922" - so it looks like the first edition of the book.

Personally, I do not have an issue with editing a third party module/book so that it conforms to the KJV - as long as it is stated clearly in the module. I understand Brandon will not/cannot/should not do that with modules he officially releases - but if they are modules other people put together, I think we just need to be transparent and above board about it.

But on another practical note, you could easily put a note at the front of the module indicating the book was not written in the KJV, and to put your mouse over the verses to get the KJV reading of all the passages anyway. Unless the 1881 Revised Version removes verses or passages, cross references for parallel passages will still go to the indicated passages anyway.

Back