• The SwordSearcher module repository on this forum contains listings and downloads of Bible study material for use with SwordSearcher Bible Software. To use the downloads on this site, you must have SwordSearcher installed on your computer, and you need to log in to the forum.
Module icon

Scriptural Government of the CHurch by Otto Foster (1882-1977) 2020-11-17
Booklet of Sermons on the Scriptural Organization of the Church

No permission to download
This booklet on Church Government or Leadership began at least 70 years ago as separate sermons preached in a variety of meetings and lectureships across the country. Eventually, the author Otto Foster (1882-1977) was compelled to compile these into booklet form. But, be forewarned: these are conservative interpretations of the Scripture concerning matters of Church Government. If you are Liberal in your thinking, you probably won't like these Scriptural Sermons. I believe them to be Scripturally Correct. Yes, I have read them and thought it would benefit most Christians, so I converted the copy I had in e-Sword to SwordSearcher. I could have made the print a little smaller, but decided to keep the original font size and type, because it makes them easier to read.

Please note that this booklet, first printed at least 60 years ago has not kept step with the times of change. But that's OK. Because God's Word (His Will) does not change with the times around us. But man does. This collection of publicly preached sermons may seem bizarre to some because they are used to an institution that is not in agreement with the arguments and reasonings presented in this booklet. This book is true to the KJ and ASV text and is about as scriptural an agreement with God's Word that you'll find anywhere on this topic.

Here is a listing of the Nine(9) Sermons contained in this Booklet:
I. GOD'S QUALIFICATIONS FOR ELDERS
II. GOD'S CHARGE TO THE ELDERS
III. GOD'S WAY OF MAKING ELDERS
IV. GOD'S QUALIFICATIONS FOR DEACONS
V. GOD'S TEACHING CONCERNING WIVES OF CHURCH OFFICERS
VI. GOD'S LAWS GOVERNING RELATIONSHIP OF MEMBERS AND ELDERS
VII. THE ONENESS OF THE ELDERS, THE PREACHER AND THE CONGREGATION
VIII. GOD'S FINANCIAL PLAN FOR CHURCH WORK
IX. LIVELY STONES FITLY JOINED TOGETHER

Mark
Author