• The SwordSearcher module repository on this forum contains listings and downloads of Bible study material for use with SwordSearcher Bible Software. To use the downloads on this site, you must have SwordSearcher installed on your computer, and you need to log in to the forum.
Module icon

Ten Sermons on the Holy Spirit by Gus Nichols (1892-1975) 2020-11-16
Sermon Lectures by Gus Nichols (1892-1975)

No permission to download
These, I believe, are some of the best Scriptural Sermons on the theme of THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

These sermons, preached by GUS NICHOLS are fairly extensive in the treatment of the topics, which are listed below. When editing each one in Microsoft Word, I would hazard to guess that if these are printed out on paper, they would probable require well over 250 pages. When I attended Lipscomb University back in the early 70's, GUS NICHOLS had already preached these (or similar sermons). I recall, on one occasion, hearing him in person, back in the 60's preaching these (or similar sermons). My dad was the preacher where I attended church, and Brother Gus Nichols was the preacher holding our "GOSPEL MEETING," or "REVIVAL" as some folks prefer to say.

I tried to catch some of the spelling and/or hyphenation mistakes in each of these sermons, but probably missed a few along the way. However, if you are interested in what these sermons cover, you won't go wrong to read and study these Gospel Lessons on the Holy Spirit. These sermons, I believer, are "SECDOND TO NONE" when it comes to fairly and scripturally handling the scriptures on these topics concerning the HOLY SPIRIT.

You want scriptures on the topics covered in these sermons? Gus Nichols gives you the ammunition you need!! When Gus preached each of these Sermons he
would extend the Invitation to "Come to Christ," and then, he took many questions from the audience, answering each one quoting "Book, Chapter, and Verse" as he gave his reply to each question. Nichols personally reviewed the audio of each Sermon as it was transcribed and put on paper.

The Topics (or Subjects) covered in this collection of Lectures/Sermons include:

1. BIRTH OF THE SPIRIT
2. BORN OF GOD AND LED BY THE SPIRIT
3. HOLY SPIRIT AND THE SPIRIT WORLD
4. HOLY SPIRIT AND REVELATION
5. BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
6. HOLY SPIRIT AND MIRACULOUS GIFTS
7. INDWELLING OF THE SPIRIT
8. THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
9. UNITY OF THE SPIRIT
10. BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE SPIRIT,

(OR THE UNPARDONABLE SIN)

Note: These sermons were originally transcribed by GUS NICHOLS and last published by he and his brother(s) in 1967, although it may be available in Hardback somewhere. I bought my copy of these in 1971 when I attended Bible College. This version of these sermons are available on at least Three(3) Church of Christ websites that I know of in PDF format. Hope you enjoy them, as I truly enjoyed putting them in SwordSearcher Book format. Born in 1892, Gus Nichols passed away in 1975.

Mark
Author
djmarko53
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from djmarko53