Status
Not open for further replies.

RevTim

Beta Tester
Looks like from the new resources that 4.8 is worth updating to. I'm currently on 4.4. Glad I waited.

Hopefully I'll be able to a bit later this year, AND get the prayer program too.

Blessings.

PastorTim said:
Looks like from the new resources that 4.8 is worth updating to. I'm currently on 4.4. Glad I waited.

Hopefully I'll be able to a bit later this year, AND get the prayer program too.

Blessings.

One doesn't always realize the poverty of pastors. Round our way the pastors drive the better cars, but you can upgrade the program for free at :

http://www.swordsearcher.com/upgrade.html

Didn't St. Paul say :

"For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward." [1Ti 5:18] ?

Jerry has posted quite a number of SwordSearcher modules at :

http://www.swordsearchermodules.net/

They are worth checking out.

Lance said:
PastorTim said:

Blessings.

One doesn't always realize the poverty of pastors. Round our way the pastors drive the better cars, but you can upgrade the program for free at :

http://www.swordsearcher.com/upgrade.html

Didn't St. Paul say :

"For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward." [1Ti 5:18] ?

Jerry has posted quite a number of SwordSearcher modules at :

http://www.swordsearchermodules.net/

They are worth checking out.

Lance,

Thanks. I'm aware of the generic upgrade which can be d/l'd, but when I upgrade I prefer to be able to get the new resources available also, which as you know is NOT available via the generic upgrade.

I have noted Jerry's site and I even joined the Y-group, but just haven't had time to get over there. I pastor a small rural church and am currently looking for a 2nd p/t job.

I had a p/t job, but for a variety of reasons I felt it would be better to resign from that and seek something new. While that decision has been a blessing in many respects, it has also caused a temporary financial concern.

However, God has been faithful to the church I pastor for almost 200 years -- founded in 1815! -- and He's been faithful to His people since before Gen. 1.1, so I'm know He'll see us through in time.

As to the verse of Scripture you quote, I agree with God of course. And for those churches who have the resources I pray they will also have the will to obey God and treat their pastor as they should, having respect for the office and for God, while [hopefully] developing a love for God's man.

Heb. 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Thes. 5:12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; 13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

These are just a couple of other verses which come to mind.

It's quite common where I live to see men who feel God called to be working a secular job in order to allow them to serve the Lord. It ain't easy, to be sure. But most I know aren't complaining either.

So, when I am able to upgrade, I will. As I say, I'm glad I waited. Looks like some awesome new resources available on 4.8.

Thanks again for your concern and helpful thoughts.

Blessings.

Well I do believe in putting my money where my mouth is, Tim. If you feel that SS 4.8 will be a benefit in your work and you are not about to buy a new Volvo (only kidding), I will ask Brandon if he will send you a copy gratis if I agree to pay for it but of course he would need to know where to send it.

Perhaps Brandon would care to comment.

Perhaps Brandon would care to comment.

Sounds like you want to make a gift order. No problem. If you want to give someone SwordSearcher you can easily have it shipped to a different address than your billing address. I suggest using the Plimus checkout option instead of the PayPal one, it's easier to provide separate billing and shipping info with Plimus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back