A peek at SwordSearcher 9

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
I don't normally announce things before I am ready to actually ship orders, but I really can't wait to get this out there.

I hope to be releasing SwordSearcher 9 in a month or so. I will have more details when it's released.

Here's a peek at one of the new capabilities.

The video makes it obvious: SwordSearcher is getting a true dark mode.

For me personally, this is extremely valuable. I have been dealing with light sensitivity and eye strain as I age. Creating a true dark mode for SwordSearcher has been a game-changer for my own personal use of the software. It is much, much easier for me to use SwordSearcher for extended periods of time, and I have found that using it in dark mode, along with other applications that support dark modes, has reduced the frequency of my migraines.

Plus, it just looks good.

More information to come soon.

I never even knew what "dark mode" was before. This is very thoughtful, Brandon. It's truly amazing how God uses some people to Bless us - and one of them is you, imagine that. How many members of SwordSearcher total and then you think how many members will benefit from this. God is Good.
Says TerriP age 73 👓
Thank you!

I don't normally announce things before I am ready to actually ship orders, but I really can't wait to get this out there.

I hope to be releasing SwordSearcher 9 in a month or so. I will have more details when it's released.

For me personally, this is extremely valuable. I have been dealing with light sensitivity and eye strain as I age. Creating a true dark mode for SwordSearcher has been a game-changer for my own personal use of the software. It is much, much easier for me to use SwordSearcher for extended periods of time, and I have found that using it in dark mode, along with other applications that support dark modes, has reduced the frequency of my migraines.

I was using a 27 inch Crossover IPS monitor and my eyes were going fast. So now I switched over to a laptop. Also, I don't go much on the computer at night. And in the morning, I try to wait about 20 minutes before I go on it. This has helped.

Now, . . . Let GO Pro ! ! ! !
Yesssss Sir !

SO SO exited. . . . can't wait now ! ! !
WIN_20210731_13_00_05_Pro.jpg

What a teaser . . . 😭😭😭😭

You don't realize how much of a strain the brightness of the computer is on your eyes until you use dark mode for a while and then switch back to light! This is a great feature! Thanks, Brandon!

I caught my self cheating by trying to spy out whether or not the short video clip included any new Books/Commentary module tags...

You don't realize how much of a strain the brightness of the computer is on your eyes until you use dark mode for a while and then switch back to light! This is a great feature! Thanks, Brandon!
I know... my eyes said ahhhhhhh!!

Dark mode will be great! What about having a version comparison screen where you can view several translations of a verse at the same time?

..just curious.

You can compare several versions now by setting the version in the Bible menu>Set Comparison Version, then toggle on the Compare icon in the Bible panel. Next, go back to the Bible menu and select 'Clone Bible Panel Content'. Now in the Bible panel, select the third Bible version that you wish to see, then go back to the Bible menu>Set Comparison Version and choose a fourth version to compare. You should see four different versions. This may not be exactly what you had in mind, but it will get you there. In the attached image, I have KJ2000, KJVSL, KJV-TSK and KJV open to the same passage.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 154
You can compare several versions now by setting the version in the Bible menu>Set Comparison Version, then toggle on the Compare icon in the Bible panel. Next, go back to the Bible menu and select 'Clone Bible Panel Content'. Now in the Bible panel, select the third Bible version that you wish to see, then go back to the Bible menu>Set Comparison Version and choose a fourth version to compare. You should see four different versions. This may not be exactly what you had in mind, but it will get you there. In the attached image, I have KJ2000, KJVSL, KJV-TSK and KJV open to the same passage.
Thanks, marty. Doing what you suggested sorta gets you there. I posted here (well... I can't remember if it was a post here or an email to Brandon) several months ago about a verse comparison screen and he was it was in the works.. What I had in mind is something like what Bibleworks has:

1628610695039.png

Thanks.

I think that it's good that different programs have different features, otherwise they'd all be just the same program with different names.

True, but then Sword Searcher far excels its competitors in bible searches and word studies. Main thing I would like to have is a program to convert my Logos books to Sword Searcher. Then Faithlife would probably try to buy StudyLamp software. At least I can probably look forward to SwordSearcher doing what I need: enhancing my Bible and Word Study. Some programs have a lot of bells and whistles and cost an arm an leg but can dream about doing what SwordSearcher does best. Dont think all bible programs will look alike as long as SwordSearcher is in the game.

SwordSearcher was the first Bible program I ever used so I never needed to try another :)

MY Salvation, First Love for the Lord through a KJV1611, First Tool to "Understand" why I love the LORD, and what "HE" did for me, was SwordSearher 5, 6, 7, 8, NOW 9. (Like soon, Please . . .loll).
Never tried another one, SO, no comparison possible for me.
But: The real question is, . . .
"why" would I have the need to compare, when I am FULLY fed and above, with SwordSearcher ?
KJV1611 + SwordSearcher = First Love. God's Blessing. NO room for a second thought !

Amen.
PS:, now please can we get that new "Chef-d'oeuvre" . . . My "new screens" are screaming : "SS9, SS9, SS9, SS9 ! ! ! "
😁

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕, quick!, coffee is drippin" !
_______________________________________________________ . . .

Back