Appending non contiguous text

crossnote

I didn't put this in 'Future' because perhaps there is a way.
As an example, suppose I am working in 1Cor 15 and I want to append to the clipboard vss 12, 16, and 20, so that when I go to paste, only those verses will be pasted. Is there a way? I do see 'append selected text' (shift-ctrl-C), when I right click the 'copy widget', but usually it is shaded out.

Thanks,
Richard

There are several ways. Put 1co 15:12-20 into the scan tool and delete the ones you don't want. Then copy what's left. Or, you could put them into a verse list directly and then copy all like this:

There might be other ways also.

I didn't put this in 'Future' because perhaps there is a way.
As an example, suppose I am working in 1Cor 15 and I want to append to the clipboard vss 12, 16, and 20, so that when I go to paste, only those verses will be pasted. Is there a way? I do see 'append selected text' (shift-ctrl-C), when I right click the 'copy widget', but usually it is shaded out.

Append Selected Text requires you to manually mark text in the window to copy. Ideally, I need to add functionality to the verse copy widget to let you append the verse content to the clipboard. I will add this to the feature request list.

For now, the best way to do is to press F5 (or use the menu item Edit, Copy Verses) and type the references you want. When you bring that up it will pre-fill the active verse in so you can pretty quickly specify the verses you want to copy. The main toolbar also has a button for this.

Append Selected Text requires you to manually mark text in the window to copy. Ideally, I need to add functionality to the verse copy widget to let you append the verse content to the clipboard. I will add this to the feature request list.
That would be much appreciated, thx.

Back